Visual Novel: D.Nd: Poisoned
aka: Death Note Poison
D.Nd : Poisoned is a Death Note doujin game/Visual Novel made by Akane (A.I Project).Mello and Near are assigned to spend three days working together on a report. During those three days, Mello can either learn to work with Near, avoid him altogether or... go insane.The game is available for free download on the website. It is suggested for players 18 and older, as it involves possible insanity (depends on which route you take), sex, violence.A sequel, "Infection" is in the works, and takes place after the four-year time skip in canon. There is now a playable-demo of the sequel available here.
"Poison" provides examples of:
- Always Second Best: Mello.
- Art Shift: One CG Event scene turns the characters into SD versions of themselves.
- Ascended Extra: Linda, a character only seen once in the manga and mentioned only once afterward, has a much larger role here.
- Bishōnen: Mello. Matt says he is like a girl.
- Bittersweet Ending: Even the happy endings end on a sad note...No matter what good kind of relationship Mello and Near have, the narration reveals that they went back to the way they were before in a few weeks.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The creator's native language is Spanish, and the game was created in English. Though it's usually very good with the language, there are a few instances of this. "I want puke..."
- The use of "specially" instead of "especially" get's a bit grating after a while too.
- Boys Love
- Break the Cutie: Mello does this to Linda in one route.I think she might have a permanent fear of men now...
- Arguably Near in some routes.
- Caught in the Rain: Near by Mello, in one route.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Matt, to Mello.
- Driven to Suicide: In one ending, Mello slits Near's throat with a glass shard, and then does the same to himself.
- Easter Egg: Getting all of the endings (except Matt's, whose ending is a "Bonus") unlocks an eroge scene.
- Foe Yay: The game is a Near/Mello game. What do you think?
- Friends with Benefits: Matt's ending. Mello says that not much has changed about their relationship, it's just that they have sex a lot.
- Grudging Thank You: In one route, Mello leaves a soccer game to talk to Near. After, Near looks away and mutters "Thank you."
- If It's You, It's Okay: Matt isn't homo but with Mello it's different.
- Leitmotif: Matt has a particularly ear-wormy-y one...
- Love Makes You Crazy: In at least two routes, and how!
- Love Triangle: Mello loves/hates/is obsessed with Near, Near loves Mello, Matt loves Mello, and Linda loves Near.
- Multiple Endings
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: In one of the more darker endings, Mello rapes Near after every test-score is announced. Near seems to enjoy it, though.
- Not What It Looks Like: In one route, Linda leaves Mello and Near in a storage room when they're getting paper for her. Mello falls off the chair he's standing on and lands on Near, just as Linda returns with Roger. Both boys end up getting a lecture on 'controlling your hormones."
- Sleep Cute: One route has Mello go outside to take a nap in the sun. When he briefly wakes, he sees that Near is curled up beside him...and goes back to sleep.
- Sprouting Ears: When Matt is particularly happy, he sprouts red dog ears. And gets Bishie Sparkle.
- Title Drop: The opening narration, and again in a few of the routes.
- Those Two Guys
- Together in Death: In one ending.
- Uke: Near.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Matt, in all endings but one. And possibly Linda.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: There's one route where Mello and Matt get together.
"Infection" provides examples of:
- Boys Love
- Development Hell: First things were going smoothly. Then problems came up in the creator's personal life and she had to take a break. Then when she got back to work, her computer got a virus...
- Gay Option: Inverted—the Gay Option is the main choice, and Word of God says there's also a Straight Option!
- Nightmare Sequence: The prologue has Mello dreaming about a "monster"Light Yagami about to kill him and Near.
- Time Skip: Most of the game's action takes place after the four-year time-skip in canon.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Matt, in his route.