Villains Out Shopping: Fan Fiction
- In Ash's New Look, Team Rocket are working honestly at first. But when they spotted Ash, they went back to their old ways.
- Dave Stdider Pokemon Traner actually has a chapter called "Team Bad Goes Shopping in which Team Bad's Jack and Karkat end up going to the mall and fighting Jake England over a laser weapon they find in the "Evil Section". The kicker? None of them actually had enough money to afford it in the first place.
- In Little Black Death Note Kira hasn't been killing many criminals lately seeing he's been too busy grading term papers after becoming the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts.
- In Thinking In Little Green Boxes Kang the Conqueror shows up just to watch the Tri-Wizard Tournament.
- A plot-relevant example in Vigil: when Garrus is trying to track down Paxton Fettel, he guesses that, having spent his entire life in a tightly controlled lab environment, which likely includes a tightly controlled diet... he just watches the local food courts and spots Fettel eating a bunch of cheeseburgers.
- Taken literally in The Bridge with a case of Evil vs. Evil. The human transformed Monster X is after the Siren's necklaces, ambushing Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk while the two are out shopping at the town mall.
- In the Sailor Moon/Cutey Honey crossover Venus Flash, the tentacle youma Electricus reveals that this is the secret of his power: he uses his abilities to pimp himself out, getting lots of energy that he keeps from himself and making money out of it.
- Jewel Of Darkness: Midnight enjoys competing in semi-legal street races when she's not busy running her company or plotting against the Titans.
- In 4 0 s e c o n d s Mikami has to run to the store to buy his God some consomme-flavored potato chips.
- In All You Need Is Love there's an almost domestic scene at Naomi's house where Light and Duck are ignoring each other in the living room:
Naomi: I'm leaving, I'll be back later. Take care of yourselves and try not to destroy any furniture in your petty battles for world domination.Light: My goal is not world domination.Naomi: Light, you said you'd be god of the new world. What do you call that?Light: A new era of enlightenment.Naomi: Whatever. Try not to get any blood on the carpet.
- In the Crack Fic A Charmed Life after Kira disappears L is all worked up trying to find him, wondering what nefarious game he could possibly be playing with him now. Light has in fact taken up apple farming.
- In Constant Temptation when not purging the world of evil, Kira enjoys teaching math to young genii and playing harmless S&M Bondage games with his life-partner.
- In A Cure for Love while the taskforce is wondering how they could possibly get by Kira's defenses Light and Mikami go out for lunch together.
- In Ugly when not killing criminals Misa watches anime and Light courts his Arch-Nemesis.
- In Harry Potter and the Breeding Darkness Dumbledore runs into Voldemort and his mysterious new Dragon / boyfriend literally out shopping together on a daytrip to Little Hangleton.
- In Lord of Caer Azkaban Voldemort is irritated when one of his minions interrupts his quiet game of solitaire.
- Queen Of All Oni: Jade is often shown doing various non-villainous things when she's not busy fighting for the masks and tablets, such as video games and (on Halloween, obviously) trick-or-treating. She's also shown to take advantage of new developments for fun, such as pitting her tribe of Shadowkhan against Ratso's in a baseball game, or using her new contortionist skills to cheat at bets with the Enforcers. Hell, she'll sometimes even find ways to have fun during her schemes, like the time she and the Enforcers raided a food stand at an amusement park she was attacking.
- a million miles of fun: The Red Lotus stop at an all-night diner between the Si Wong Desert and Ba Sing Se. The work proposes that the Avatarverse has (bad) chain restaurants, spirits try to scam business owners, Ming-Hua gets giggly when sleep-deprived, Ghazan is prone to Too Much Information, P'Li eats more than the other three put together, and Zaheer is that guy who's always indecisive about what to order.
- Nights Favored Child: Nightmare Moon and The Inquisitor are shown in several scenes simply relaxing, usually over a nice cup of tea. The Inquisitor has also been shown to have a number of hobbies, including listening to music and reading.
- The Pony POV Series:
- A Running Gag in the Dark World Series is someone wondering what Discord's doing or he'll be back soon... only for it to cut to him having a night out with Fluttercruel with a surprising lack of torture and maiming. The two instances that most fit this trope are cutting to him and her playing video games at an arcade and them skiing. All in all, he only does one genuinely evil thing the entire time.
- "Nightmare House". It takes place before (or possibly during) the main Dark World story and depicts Nightmare Eclipse/Paradox and her Psycho Rangers merely talking at their house between Paradox's interventions in Dark World. They simply hang out. Though it's a somewhat dark in that the focus is more or less on them trying to play the part of their old lives but being unable to due to what they've become.
- In Nareto The Scret Of Shiobi, Danzo and Darkeye go to a movie together, despite being constantly stated to be really, really evil. However, the movie is called "How to Take Over the World".
- If the story involves the Akatsuki being turned into cats and sent to our world, this is the most likely thing that will happen after they are turned back into humans. Some involve Hidan sneaking into the Victoria's Secret store.
- In one chapter of Shadowchasers Power Primordial, the Paragons pass the time playing poker; Menzoberra wins, causing Rary to comment that wearing veils shouldn't be allowed in games where bluffs are used.