Once upon a time, a bunch of self-aware main battle tanks decided that they had seen enough silly human conflicts for one lifetime, and decided to run off into the woods to have silly robot conflicts.
One tank suggested that should try off-road racing with copious amounts of live ammunition strewn around the trackVehicular Combat Tank Racing game developed by Longbow Digital Arts.It features completely destroyable terrain, copious amounts of weaponry, silly physics, and TANK RACING.The Russian army seems to have taken heart to it.
Tread Marks has examples of:
- A.I. is a Crapshoot: The self-aware battle tanks of both the USA and Russian Federation went AWOL and banded together to have fun shooting and racing each other.
- Denial of Diagonal Attack: Tanks can freely spin their turret around 360 degrees, but cannot aim up or down, to encourage players to get into the fray rather than snipe.
- Everything Breaks: Terrain is distorted by weapons fire - cannons create small pits, while nuclear missiles create enormous craters. Dirt Balls and Flower Power missiles build hills with their explosions.
- Excuse Plot: Aside from the paragraph-long backstory in the main menu, there is no storyline.
- Gatling Good: The Avenger is a hull-mounted gatling gun which spews out a dozen bullets with every click and does huge amounts of damage.
- Gravity Screw: "The Moon" takes place on the Moon and has 1/6th gravity, leading to tanks spinning wildly end over end when they hit a crater at 100kph.
- The Monolith: "The Moon" is dotted with enormous Monoliths.
- Multi-Track Drifting: Drifting is the most efficient way of navigating tight corners in races. The tanks are also very fast.
- This Is a Drill: The Ramdrill is made of diamond and can kill tanks absurdly quickly, but has the shortest range in the game and is mounted onto the hull rather than the turret.
- Wacky Racing: Sentient tanks racing and drifting through the countryside while firing nukes at each other.
- You Nuke 'Em: The guided nuclear missile is a rare weapon, but can instagib a dozen tanks at once.