Video Game: Tesla The Weather Man
Tesla: The Weather Man
is a Puzzle Platformer
game focused on five weather-based powers: Lightning, Levitation, Rain, Sun, and Snow.
In a fit of jealousy, Thomas Edison
has sent his army of DC-powered robots to burn down Nikola Tesla
's home and destroy most of his work. With the help of Mark Twain
and a glove that allows him to control the weather, Tesla must defeat Edison and his creations and prove once and for all that alternating-current electricity is superior!
You can download the game at its official website here
This game provides examples of:
- Bottomless Pits
- Bullet Time: One of Tesla's upgrades allows you to press Shift to slow down time, allowing bullets to be telekinetically plucked out of the air with levitation.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The sunlight power starts off as yellow, but turns a reddish-orange when you get the Burning Rays upgrade, and then turns purple when you get the Deadly Rays upgrade.
- Cranium Ride: Used in a couple areas. Tesla can stand on top of some enemies to ride them across terrain he couldn't otherwise cross.
- Crate Expectations: There aren't any items hidden inside them, but there certainly are a lot of random crates conveniently scattered around the hills and mountains.
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist
- Defeat Equals Explosion: Tesla and the robotic enemies explode when they die.
- Elemental Powers: Four of them, given by the device modules.
- Exploding Barrels: Some specially marked crates explode on impact.
- Follow the Money: Collecting the various doodads rewards Tesla with upgrades.
- Hearts Are Health
- Historical-Domain Character
- Hoist by His Own Petard: You can kill yourself with lightning, large quantities of water or sunlight with the burning rays perk.
- An Ice Person: The snow power, which lowers the temperature of an area and can be used to create ice.
- Light 'em Up: The sunlight power, which is used to evaporate water and can raise the temperature of an area. Upgrades allow it to light objects on fire and blow up enemies.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: Tesla modifies the lightning generator to gain telekinesis.
- Made of Explodium: Some crates are this for certain puzzles.
- Making a Splash: The rain power, which lets Tesla flood areas and put out fires.
- Mission Control: Mark Twain.
- RPG Elements: Tesla levels up by collecting spare parts and raw materials, then uses them to upgrade his weather machine in various ways.
- Shock and Awe: The lightning power, which has the benefit of being able to travel through wires.
- Snow Means Cold: The temperature goes down when Tesla makes it snow.
- Super Drowning Skills: Tesla takes damage if he falls into water. Justified: it's because of the electrical gadgetry he's wearing.
- Weather Control Machine: Used by the protagonist, of course. The main premise of the game.
- Wreaking Havok: Yep, heavy use of physics.