Fan-made Video Game Demake
for PC, reimagining the Super Smash Bros.
series as it may have appeared on the Game Boy
. It features four playable characters from the original games (Mario
, and Pikachu
) and two new exclusive unlockable characters.
It was released in September 2011, and it can be downloaded for free at its official website.
This game provides examples of:
- Artifact Title: Since the GameBoy only has two buttons, one of which is the jump button, Smash attacks are not present.
- Ascended Meme: Performing a Kirbycide (an infamous method of self-destructing with Kirby while simultaneously immobilizing the opponent, particularly using Kirby's Inhale) will cause KIRBYCIDE! to flash over the spot where you SDed. This also unlocks the Kirby Air Ride stage.
- The Cameo:
- The Kirby Air Ride stage features several enemies from their respective series as well as Meta Knight; bumping into any of them will cause contact damage. The Moon from Majora's Mask appears in Clock Town, but like in Termina: Great Bay from Melee, it's merely a background set piece.
- As in SSB, Saffron City features occasional appearances by Chansey, Venusaur, and Electrode. Likewise, Gastly and Haunter appear in Lavender Town, carrying temporary platforms.
- Endless Game: Endless Mode, which is available once you unlock the two hidden characters.
- Fanfare: The classic victory fanfare returns, this time in glorious chiptune.
- Final Boss: Unlike the source material, it's not Master Hand, but rather Mega Man.
- Mascot Fighter
- Ring Out: The goal of each fight, as you may expect.
- Secret Character: Mega Man note and Vaporeon note , the latter being quite the unexpected addition.
- Secret Level: Several levels can be unlocked: Underground note , Kirby Air Ride note , Clock Town note , Lavender Town note , Dr. Wily's Castle note , and Battlefield note .
- Shout-Out: Well, yeah, it's a Smash Bros. game, but special attention must be given to the Tower Of Heaven stage, complete with divine commandments.
- The Smurfette Principle: Vaporeon, who is referred to as such in-game.
- Twinkle In The Sky: Sadly missing here; the characters are simply KOed in the same manner as going outside of the other boundaries of the stage.