Super Marisa Land is a 2005 Platform Game by Twilight Frontier, creators of Mega Mari and co-creators of Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power. Loosely based on Super Mario Bros., you play as Marisa, who goes on a search for golden mushrooms. That's... pretty much all there is to the story. In v1.10 and higher, you can also play as Alice, who has even less of a plot.The game uses a system called "head proportions", by which Marisa's power can be measured. Collecting brown mushrooms increases them by one, to a maximum of four; red mushrooms, on the other hand, double them, for a maximum of eight. Alice, on the other hand, cannot progress beyond 2x head proportion. She gets the ability to throw Marisa dolls as projectile weapons to make up for this.The official website for the game, and where the latest patch for the full game, can be found here.See also New Super Marisa Land, a sequel to Super Marisa Land. Not to be confused with Super Marisa World, a Touhou-meets-Super Mario World by Double Cluster.
This game contains examples of:
- Bottomless Pits
- Continuing Is Painful: If you quit to the title at any time, for any reason- say, because you want to take a break from playing- it will let you skip to the level you last completed. However, you cannot progress any farther than this, and must start all over again from the first level if you want to go further into the game.
- Copy-and-Paste Environments
- Fan Game
- The Goomba: Fuzzies.
- Goomba Stomp
- Invincibility Power-Up: 8x head proportion makes Marisa break through bricks and enemies. This only lasts for a short time, before she goes back to 4x.
- Invincible Minor Minion: Black Fuzzies.
- Invisible Block
- Law Of Two Hundred And Fifty Five: Collecting 255 point items will get you an extra life.
- Moe Stare: All of Marisa's forms do this, while Alice just looks sullen.
- New Game+: Being able to play as Alice.
- Poison Mushroom: In Alice mode, touching a brown or red mushroom will kill you.
- Power-Up: 3x head proportion lets Marisa take a hit before dying. 4x head proportion lets her break bricks by jumping into them from below. 6x head proportion lets her take another hit before dying, and allows her to shoot fireballs that go over White and Red Fuzzies, but are great for killing all other enemies. Each successive increase in head proportion also makes her taller, with a corresponding increase in the size of her hitbox. Have fun!
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: What the head proportions seem to be.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World