You so eager to buy the goddamn farm, suckah!? If not, you better GENUFLECT RIGHT NOW!OMGWTFOTL
(Odious Manly Genuflection With Terrible Fury
: Only True Lamentation
) is a... special game
about you getting to fight your nemesis, the man who raped your sister and scooped your best friend's eyes. The man's a beast, the strongest bancho in the land, but you shall fight him to the death. Maybe. With Karl Gotch's help. Or not. And then you'll confess your love to your childhood friend. Or watch bears screwing. Or you may simply [X] GENUFLECT
, OMGWTFOTL is a very short Visual Novel
(it can be completed in about 30 minutes) and, like Crimsoness
, it's so goddamn insane and over-the-top that it's inherently funny. Also like Crimsoness
, it manages to make some sort of sense while making no sense at all. Unlike Crimsoness
, though, the game manages to cross the line
several times with its vulgar and bloody (and hilariously random) sense of humour.
Can be freely downloaded here
- Book Dumb: Kanagawa-bancho cannot even tie his shoes.
- Black Comedy
- Bloody Hilarious
- Cloud Cuckoolander - Everyone, but special mention for Kanagawa-bancho, who doesn't even begin to make sense.
- Determinator - One thing can be said of the main character, he's persistent. And sturdy.
- Freak Out!: One reaction to Yukana declaring her love for you is to completely lose your fucking mind, knocking her out and storming a US military base completely naked and wielding nothing but a katana.
- Full-Frontal Assault: The main character during the aforementioned Freak Out!
- Fun with Acronyms: The OTL part of the title most likely refers to the "Down on your hands and knees" emoticon (sometimes rendered as 'orz',) which you'll be doing every time you [X] GENUFLECT.
- Gainax Ending: ...but seriously, had you expected anything else?
- Inherently Funny Word: [X] GENUFLECT
- Laughing Mad: The main character in a couple of the endings.
- Have a Nice Death/Game Over Man: There's a Hint Corner of sorts, starring Osaka-bancho himself and, later on, Kanagawa-bancho, but they don't really help a lot. They mainly ramble like madmen and then, like an afterthought, drop a very obvious hint or two.
- In one case, Karl Gotch seves this role instead. After he kills you. And he's kind of a dick about it.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Subverted by Karl Gotch, "the best wrestler of all times", who appears to be some sort of a positive figure until it's revealed that he's a jerkass.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: What eventually happens to Osaka-bancho if you follow the right path.
- Non-Standard Game Over: More like "Standard Game Over". [X] GENUFLECT.
- No Plot? No Problem!: There seems to be some resemblance of plot, as hinted by the true ending. You won't make heads or tails of it though.
- Out-of-Genre Experience: During one route, the game briefly becomes your typical cookie-cuter school romance Visual Novel, complete with tsunder-ish Childhood Friend love interest.
- Overly Long Gag: Everytime you choose [X] GENUFLECT you're treated to the same scene in which you are killed by Osaka-bancho. Even if Osaka-bancho is dead by that point. And yet it does not stop being hilarious for some people.
- Press X to Die: [X] GENUFLECT is always an option. Always. Even before the game properly starts.
- Protagonist-Centered Morality: In one plot line, fighting is bad, but poisoning your neighbor's dog is hilarious. But, you know.
- Rated M for Manly
- Refuge in Audacity: Bears who chant satanic hymns while copulating? Gordon Freeman beating a baby bear with a crowbar? Tentacle rape "in every hole of her body (including her pores)"? Why the hell not.
- Shout-Out: The true end makes a veeery small reference to Big Bang Age, another game that revolves around banchos.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: In an ending, you and Osaka-bancho. No, really.
- Vulgar Humor
- Why Don't You Just Shoot Him?: If you try to make Osaka-banchou [X] GENUFLECT, he reacts by whipping a pistol and just bustin' a cap on you.
- Widget Series
- You Keep Using That Word: Genuflect is used a lot like "Fooly Cooly", in that it's used all the time, and yet nobody seems to know what it actually means.
- Subverted. The word fits the usage for the most part (genuflect means to get down on one knee in reverence, worship or servitude.) It's treated more as an Inherently Funny Word than anything.