Video Game: Mega Man & Bass
Mega Man & Bass
was released on the Super Famicom
in 1998 as a Gaiden Game
to Mega Man 8
. It was only released in Japan
under its Japanese title, Rockman & Forte
, since the SNES was dead everywhere else in the world by that time. It was eventually ported to the Game Boy Advance
in 2003 where it saw a Western release.
The robot leader King is leading a war against humanity
. He plans to capture data from all the fighting robots he can find. He already ransacked Dr. Wily's lab and recruited two of his Mega Man 8
Robot Masters. With the other six robot masters, he leads a vicious assault against the robot museum, hoping to find more data.Naturally
, Mega Man is dispatched to fight King and halt the rampage. Dr. Wily doesn't like the new guy one bit, and dispatches his Dragon
Bass to crush King's army. Mega Man and Bass
form an uneasy alliance
to handle the new guy.
You can choose to play the game as either character. Mega Man has the charge shot and slide. He is not very nimble but takes less damage from attacks.
Bass has a Double Jump
and a High Jump, as well as a dash function. He can also rapid fire his Bass Buster in seven directions. However, he takes extra damage and his Bass Buster is relatively weak.
Effectively, you choose tough stages or tough bosses based on your character. Also, the stages are tiered - you must fight Cold Man, Astro Man, or Ground Man first before more stages open up.
- Cold Man, weak to Lightning Bolt, gives Ice Wall
- Burner Man, weak to Ice Wall note , gives Wave Burner
- Pirate Man, weak to Wave Burner, note gives Remote Mine
- Ground Man, weak to Remote Mine, gives Spread Drill
- Tengu Man, weak to Spread Drill, gives Tengu Blade
- Magic Man, weak to Tengu Blade, gives Magic Card
- Astro Man, weak to Magic Card, gives Copy Vision
- Dynamo Man, weak to Copy Vision, gives Lightning Bolt
In addition, there are 100 data CDs to be found. Each one provides a picture and some information on a Robot Master or character in the Mega Man (Classic)
universe (up to Mega Man 8
This game contains examples of: