is a Fan Remake
of the original Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
, similar to Black Mesa
. It was released by Dezowave on April 26, 2014, the 28th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster. The plot is still the same as Shadow Of Chernobyl overall: You are a stalker dubbed the "Marked One" who has survived a death truck, and has amnesia. Your PDA says to kill a stalker named Strelok. What follows next is a quest to discover your identity and who Strelok is.Needs Wiki Magic Love
Lost Alpha contains examples of:
- Abandoned Warehouse: Serves as a base for some factions.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The Monolith faction is this.
- Breakable Weapons: Guns degrade with use, and can and will jam.
- Driving Question: Who is this "Strelok" guy your PDA says to kill?
- First Town: The Rookie Village you start the game in.
- Game-Breaking Bug: In earlier versions of Lost Alpha, the game would crash if you killed the Sin members holding a stalker hostage.
- Instant Death Bullet: Occasionally averted. Stalkers can drop to the ground wounded after being shot, which gives the player a chance to heal them, assuming you aren't hostile to them.
- Multiple Endings
- With This Herring: Just like the original Shadow of Chernobyl. You exit the bunker armed with only a pistol and a jacket, because you are a rookie and aren't expected to last long.
- You Wake Up in a Room: When speaking to random stalkers and picking the "Tell me something interesting" option, they might mention that they woke up in the Zone one random day after sleeping in their flat, and that they have been stuck there for years.
- Videogame Caring Potential: You can heal wounded Stalkers and turn them friendly torwards you.