Video Game: JFK: Reloaded
is a controversial 2004 first-person shooter that challenges the player to recreate the assassination of John F. Kennedy, scoring on how closely the attempt matches the report of the Warren Commission. The opportunity
to cause mass mayhem instead is just a bonus.
This game provides examples of:
- Blasting It out of Their Hands - When players go out-and-out psycho with a sniper rifle, it is possible to shoot pistols out of the hands of all the cops who are obligingly standing around facing at right angles to your window, provided you're a quick enough shot. Due to their motions, it is possible to remove the hands as well.
- Dead Foot Leadfoot - Happens if you kill the limo driver. Sometimes he manages to turn the steering wheel a little bit too, most often resulting in the presidential limo crashing into the side of a building, killing everyone else in the vehicle and tossing their bodies out onto the sidewalk and street.
- The game even accounts for this, listing the occupants as having died in a car crash in the final tally.
- Disaster Dominoes: A possible outcome.
- Off the Rails - When you decide to shoot other people instead... chaos ensues.
- Ragdoll Physics: Despite its controversial nature, the game's wonky physics is the sole reason most people play it.
- Self-Imposed Challenge - Killing the President—if not replicating the specific shots—is depressingly easy, so why not go for something more interesting? Freelance Astronauts played HORSE with the game, aiming for trick shots like shooting off the first lady's hat and hitting a special agent in the ass.
- Sniping Mission - The entirety of the game.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential - The game is generally used simply to see how many people you can slaughter and how much of the rag doll physics you can enjoy. And, of course, there's killing JFK by sniping out the Innocent Bystander driving the car in front of him, then scaring JFK's driver with a few rounds, then taking him out just as the car speeds up. Presidential car slams into the back of the stopped bystander car. Secret Service agent sprints into the back of the car, almost certainly ruining his chances of ever breeding. It's also possible, should you hit the driver at the exact right time, to end with the Presidential car embedding itself in a distant wall.
- Who Shot JFK? - You did! Several times!
- It's very easy to pull off the Warren Report shots, even the so-called "magic bullet".