Video Game: Gnomoria
Gnomoria is an Indie Game made by Robotronic Games. In it, you guide a group of Gnomes, helping them go from living in caves and sleeping on Straw to living in a large Kingdom/Village and having a mighty Military.It's currently in Beta and gets Regular Updates. You can get it here.
This game Provides Examples of the following Tropes
- Aerith and Bob: The name generator is VERY creative in gnome names. Meet Tinklartfasto, Fitzwingledackin and Min. You can rename every gnome should you fail to pronounce their names in any meaningful way.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A beheading (axe to the neck) currently reads like this: The goblin lost his head, his neck is bleeding, an artery has been struck, is suffocating and is blind.
- Artificial Stupidity: Gnomes pathfinding is extremely simple. This can mean that you can have them mine, only to get stuck on one side because they mined the last block and now have a gap that they can't cross between them and the exit.
- Boring but Practical:
- Strawberries. They are common, you start out with 32 Seeds to make a farm out of, they are decently filling, and they can be used to make wine.
- Bronze. While it isn't nearly the strongest Material, it's made of two common materials and strong enough to still pack a punch, while not being nearly as rare as some of the stronger ones.
- Early Game Hell: It is often a desperate struggle to put together enough resources in the first three seasons to survive the winter (when crops and trees no longer grow). It gets much easier later as you get more gnomes to grow larger farms and have an easier time stockpiling food for the winter, as well as have a larger army for murdering invaders.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: The random Name Generator can make these. It's not uncommon to find your land called Land of Curses or Land of the Dead.
- Shout-Out: One of the possible names for a gnome to be generated with is Urist.
- The Dev Team Thinks of Everything: Depending on what materials you use in creating something, it can be a different color. This also means that when you create a Workshop using them, If you use a Bauxite (Red Stone) Sawblade, a Birch (Light Wood) Chair and a Pine (Dark Wood) Table, the Sawmill will have a Red Blade, Dark Table and Light Chair.
- The Virus: One of the enemy types encountered below ground are Zombies. When a zombie attacks a gnome, it has a chance to infect that gnome with the zombie virus. The virus itself won't hurt the infected gnome at all, but when a gnome infected with the zombie virus dies, it will re-animate shortly after as a zombie.
- Zerg Rush: When your food stockpile grows to a certain point, a Mant Scout will enter your kingdom. If it leaves again before you can kill it, it will trigger a large attack by a massive group of Mant Workers.