Stony faced killer.James Bond
video game (23rd according to The Other Wiki
) released November 2010, is a Third-Person Shooter
with an original Bruce Feirstein-penned plot and featuring the voices and likenesses of Daniel Craig
, Judi Dench
and Joss Stone
, who sung for it.
The plot centres around the kidnapping of influential scientists working on the UK's top-secret biochemical projects. In the process of his investigation, Bond is sent to numerous locations worldwide, engaging in infiltration, gunfights and insanely cool car chases.
This video game contains examples of:
- Big Bad: It's Pomerov... No, it's Rak! No, it's Nicole! No, it's someone else entirely!
- Breaking Speech: Given by Rak on numerous occasions.
- Cardboard Boxes: Encountered numerous times in the Istanbul chase scene.
- Chase Scene: After 5 years of absence, the memorable staple of the Bond games returns. Filled to the brim with over the top set-pieces. Understandable, as the driving sequences were developed by the guys who made blur.
- Cool Car: The Aston Martin DBS, and the Aston Martin DB5.
- Drives Like Crazy: The enemy mooks. Whom seem to enjoy barrelling into an oil tanker with glee.
- Evil Plan: Stefan Pomerov wants to create bioweapons based on Tedworth's Smallpox and Anthrax cure.
- Nicole Hunter has high profile scientists and corporate executives kidnapped and tortured for their secrets. Her unseen employer also has her dismantle Pomerov's operation, using MI 6.
- Hero Insurance: Averted. After your building-shattering car chase through Bangkok, the Police try to hunt you down. Intel in an earlier level indicates Rak has bought them out, though, so they'd have been chasing you anyway.
- Karma Houdini: Greco, the terrorist/mad-cap schemer from the prologue, seems to get away completely unharmed, which is particularly noticeable since Bond pretty much slaughters everyone else who crosses him. You can't even run Greco over; if you back up the car and try to do so, slamming into him is like hitting a solid wall.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Rak.
- Red Right Hand: Rak has a King Leonidas-style scar across his right eye.
- Rule of Cool: The chase sequences, ranging from a boat chase through Athens harbor to chasing after a speeding train across an icy river in Russia.
- Also applies to the increasingly unlikely appearances of Aston Martins for Bond to commandeer (especially since 3 apparently separate DB Ss have the same number plate: The one used in the tutorial level taken from outside Greco's hiding spot, Nicole's friend's DBS in Siberia, and presumably Bond's own in the epilogue.)
- And chasing a big-ass truck through Bangkok.
- Scenery Porn: Notable mentions being the car chase out of the Russian refinery, and the car chase with Nicole through the Riviera.
- That aquarium in Bangkok is also damned impressive.
- Sequel Hook
- It's debatable, but this game can be considered a prequel of sorts to Skyfall, especially given the ending with Nicole telling Bond that everything she did, she did for a man, who is 'everywhere' and has more reach than even MI6. Now whether that could be translated as Nicole's lover being in fact Raoul Silva and whether this game leads as a build up to the events in Skyfall is unknown.
- Stuff Blowing Up: To clarify; an entire compound filled with explosive chemicals, blowing up.
- The Man Behind the Man
- Third-Person Shooter