Video Game / Zombies Vs The Ambulance
Zombies Vs The Ambulance
(also known as Zombie Virus
in Europe) is a Horror
game in that's Vol. 95 in a series of low budget Japanese PS2
games, the Simple 2000 Series, published by D3 Publisher.
Everyday life seems to be going a city, until an earthquake makes its presence known and the sky turns black. As a medical student and his female colleague experience this quake, they realise that people have now turned into zombies
. Facing a zombie apocalypse
, the pair decide to use their hospital's ambulance to pick up any survivors and bring them back to hospital. Looks like it's every zombie versus the ambulance
You spend the majority of the game in said ambulance, and one of the appeals of the game is bashing through scores of zombies in the city's streets. Upgrades are available, including ones for speed, as well as getting larger ambulances. When a survivor's picked up, it's necessary to get them back to the hospital as soon as possible, or else they'll eventually turn into a zombie. The only time you're outside it is when you're in the hospital garage, either interacting with any survivors there or checking out possible upgrades for your vehicle.
Tropes featured in this game include:
- Dual Boss: There's a boss battle against two guerrilla-like zombies.
- The End... Or Is It?: After defeating the caterpillar/moth-based creature for the final time, everything's back to normal; no sign of zombies or dark clouds. However, unknown to the protagonist or his female sidekick, a tiny part of the creature is seen crawling away, most likely leading to a repeat of events...
- The Jaywalking Dead: Running over zombies with your ambulance is literally one of the two main goals; the other is to locate and pick up survivors a la Crazy Taxi. If you're not moving fast enough, though, the zombies can climb on and start wrecking your vehicle instead.
- Loading Screen: The game's loading screen is of a zombie menacing shaking his head and hands towards the camera.
- Ludicrous Gibs
- Recurring Boss: Both the guerrilla zombie(s) and the caterpillar/moth creature. With the former, the first fight is with one, and the second fight has him with another grunt zombie; with the latter, it returns in different forms.
- The Unreveal: We never find out the origin of the mysterious creature that caused the game's events.
- Weaponized Car: Or Weaponized Ambulance in this case.