Video Game / Wonder King
is a free-to-play 2D sidescrolling MMORPG
from Korea with a look and feel quite similar to that of a certain other free-to-play 2D sidescrolling MMORPG from Korea
. One thing that sets it apart from its more well-known counterpart is that the Level Grinding
is much quicker and currently goes up to level 140. While more end game content has been promised, such as new areas and mobs, new quests, and another upgrade to each class, such upgrades have been coming in very slowly. As such, the current end game content is rather sparse.
The North American version
of the game is hosted by nDoors Interactive. Interestingly, the gameplay in this version has been drastically altered from the Korean and Japanese versions, and it is the only version with PvP
Due to problems with the developer, Wonder King
is offline, and may or may not come back in the future.
There are four available character classes, each of which can advance to one of two subclass paths.
This game provides examples of:
- Blown Across the Room: Bosses do this quite often. Some skills do too.
- Boss Rush: There's a timed mission where you have to kill stronger versions of older bosses.
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: The chests in the cash shop (which function like the gachapon tickets from Maple Story) get you the best fashion items and pets. There's also exp cards and such, but the grind isn't so bad that you really need them.
- Boring but Practical: The Knight's Confession skill, which consumes a small amount of HP to speed up MP regeneration. Sure, you have to wait 5 minutes after it wears off before reusing it, but you can save on expensive MP potions with high enough MP to burn for the whole time it takes to use it again. Also, you can save your action slots for more skills you would use.
- Critical Hit
- Elemental Powers / Standard Status Effects: The Mage/Warlock spells.
- Fake Balance: Too much to list.
- Item Crafting: You learn to craft items after you complete a certain quest. Each character can only craft one type of item though.
- Joke Item: Some event items, but a lot of them are actually useful
- Kill It with Fire: Berserker skills are Fire-themed.
- Laser Blade: The Paladin's Holy Light Bringer skill.
- Lethal Joke Character: Knaves, while pretty much a joke in the main game, can be deadly in PvP if used correctly.
- Level Grinding: It's an MMORPG, what did you expect? Not as bad as most, though.