Video Game / Wolf Team
"A number of people with similar base arrangement to wolves' has been discovered in the process of antidoting DNA of mankind of near future."
— Opening line to the Wolfteam Story
Thus begins your foray into Wolf Team, a "Free" To Play
Online First-Person Shooter
. The main variation is that you can transform into a Werewolf during battle, slaughtering the enemy team with either gun, grenade, or your bare paws in Wolf mode.
Tropes in this game:
- A.K.A.-47: Well, AKEI-47 to be exact. Just about all the guns have an extra letter or a couple letters changed. It's blatantly obvious what they are supposed to be, though.
- Announcer Chatter: See below.
- Awesomeness Meter: "Head Shot!" - Pistol, "Snake Attack", "Elite Wolf", "Rival Kill", "The King is Captured", "I AM the King".
- BFG: The rocket launcher that has a 3 rocket magazine, and any of the tripod mounted machine guns.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Even on the title screen. Enjoy the SRS Circle Surround 5.1! It's Zero Wing Bad!
- Bribing Your Way to Victory: More overpowered Wolf mutations, Power-Up items, and super guns that otherwise can't be got in-game.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Red Team vs. Blue Team even the Wolves are colored Red or Blue!
- Crate Expectations: At least they don't explode.
- Hyperspace Arsenal: Big guns make you move slow. But change to your pistol or knife and all that encumbrance disappears. Even works on the massive machine gun noted below.
- Insurmountable Waist-Height Fence: Didn't know 2 foot high concrete barriers could stop you from jumping over them, especially when that you are a Ghost Wolf with the jumping power of Mario.
- Kill It with Fire: One of the heavy weapons is a flamethrower. It's mostly only useful in human vs. wolf gametypes. Same as most of the shotguns, really.
- Ladder Physics
- Mercy Invincibility: Gives you a fighting chance when you spawn in the middle of a Spawn Camping.
- More Dakka: The monster tripod mounted machine gun you can lug around, useful for whaling on mutated wolves. Oh yeah, don't forget to "Install" it so you can shoot.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: There are many versions of Wolf.
- Basic wolf has an extra 99 HP "Shield" (on top of the 200 HP you normally have), rechargeable by Roaring. He can run faster than a man, jump 8 feet in the air, run along the walls, and strike from the air.
- In EX-Conquest, Wolf Conquest, Wolf War, and Destruction S2 modes, you get more "Wolf mutations" to choose from.
- Power Wolf has a stronger attack range and 260 HP.
- Ghost Wolf cloaks if you sit still and can run very fast. Ghost-2 is stronger and can stay mostly cloaked while running. Both have less HP than Basic.
- Guardian Wolf is the slowest, only as fast as a man, but has a MASSIVE 850 HP and can block with his arms, greatly reducing the damage taken.
- Beserker Wolf has a pair of blades attached to his arm and can strike from several feet away. His HP is like the Power Wolf, and he also has a suicide attack that shoots several beams 3 times, killing anyone it hits.
- Psycho Wolf can pull enemies to him or peg them with a ranged attack.
- Smart Wolf can attack with lightning speed, and his massive shield is recharged by hitting bodies, living or dead.
- Ice Wolf... well, shoots Ice. It greatly slows down those that get hit by it.
- Standard FPS Guns
- Throw Away Guns: Press a button to throw away your Main gun. Useful for picking up the enemy's gun or showing how Bad Ass you are with the DE-50 or the EM-500. Try throwing away your awesome assault rifle before the start of a round, and watch the subsequent pile of weapons build up as everyone prepares to pick it up at the start.
- Universal Ammunition: Raid a dead enemy's backpack and get ammo for your Main gun, Sub gun, and maybe a grenade. Matters not what ammo your guns use. You can get rockets from a guy who was carrying a submachine gun.
- Transformation Sequence: A puff of smoke and you are now a Wolf!