Video Game: We Cheer
A Namco game simulating cheerleading, for the Wii. In terms of gameplay, it's like a motion controlled Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan / Elite Beat Agents, where you move the controller(s) in synch with the indicators. Just instead of dots you have lines that show you which direction to move the controller.The first game was a modest hit, selling nearly half a million copies. The second game has sold about half that much, but did feature noticeable improvements, such as testing out the lag adjustment in the options menu, and more forgiving difficulties.Compare All Star Cheer Squad, Just Dance, Dance Central.
This game provides examples of:
- And Your Reward Is Clothes
- Animesque: The girls look like a cross between this and Bratz.
- Bare Your Midriff: Several of the outfits.
- Bears Are Bad News: See Shout Out below.
- Character Customization: The second game, where you can pretty much customize your team's faces and uniforms to a ridiculous degree. And yes, someone already tried a crossover with Elite Beat Agents.
- Exergaming: The games have an exercise mode, and while not as extensive as Wii Fit, EA Sports Active, or The Biggest Loser game, it can still be a strong cardio burn.
- Girlish Pigtails: Ai, Ling
- Mega Twintails: Ai has really poofy pigtails.
- Panty Shot: It's a game about cheerleading. There have to be panty shots somewhere.
- Sequel Difficulty Drop: The easy mode for the songs, and better calibration for the controls.
- Sequel Escalation: In terms of the customization.
- Super Title 64 Advance: Since "We" is pretty close to "Wii".
- Unlockable Content
- Virtual Paper Doll: All cheerleader clothes, of course.
- Writing Around Trademarks: Since the term "Wii" belongs to Nintendo, it was less costly just to tweak the name.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Several of the girls by default, and all of them have this among the customization options.