A massively multiplayer online game set in the Warhammer 40,000
universe currently under development by Behavior Interactive, for projected release in 2015. Players will take on the role of Orks, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, or Eldar in a section of the galaxy not previously explored in detail by Games Workshop and fight over planets using a third-person combat system based on that of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
This game provides examples of the following:
- Continuity Nod: During the intro monologues of the website, the Space Marine is heard saying "We go where we wilt. We slay who we wilt. Let the Emperor judge the righteousness of our deeds". This is an actual quote from the 5th Edition of Space Marines.
- Freemium: Anyone who buys the full game has access to all premium content, but whoever stays with the free-to-play version will be limited to Ork Boyz only, and progression will be much slower. You can also opt to only buy the faction(s) you want to play instead of the whole game.
- Finishing Move: Players can choose to do this to wounded enemy players. Although they will leave themselves up to attacks from other enemy players.
- Hero Unit: Each faction will have multiple Elite and Hero units that can be played on the battlefield (but they come with a cooldown, and need to be "bought" with Requisition each time you want to play one). Some confirmed special units are:
- Space Marines have the Legion of the Damned Legionnaire and the Master of Relics
- Chaos Space Marines have the Fallen Captain and the Possessed Marine
- Eldar have the Outcast Ranger and the Autarch
- Orks have the Cybork Mekboy and the Skarboy Kommando
- In the Hood: Several characters wear these: Veteran Dark Angels, the Fallen Captain and the Outcast Ranger.
- Mêlée à Trois: The four races will all be fighting each other, and alliance choices will be very limited.
- Mythology Gag: This video's opening is clearly based on the opening cinematic from Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
- Spiritual Successor: To Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millenium (which is still to be confirmed if it is still in Development Hell or scrapped for good).
- X Meets Y: The game has been called "Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine meets Planetside 2 meets Gears of War".