Crime Fighters 2
is a Beat 'em Up
and the sequel to Crime Fighters
, made in 1991 by Konami
; it was released outside of Japan as Vendetta
. The game has even more humor than the original and many
Taking place in Dead End City, the Dead End Gang seeks to expand their territory. Only their rival gang, the Cobras, can stop them. The Cobras consist of ex-prize fighter Blood, former pro-wrestler Hawk, martial arts expert Boomer, ex-military convict Sledge, and Hawk's protegee, Kate. Kate gets kidnapped by the Dead End gang to lure them into a trap.This game has examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Buzzsaw Bravado and Kruel Kurt, the first and fourth boss, respectively.
- Angry Guard Dog: They appear in the last few levels like in the previous game.
- Bald of Evil: Kruel Kurt.
- The Rude Bros. too.
- Also Buzzsaw Bravado and Faust.
- Blinding Bangs: Missing Link, the second boss.
- Boss Rush: The final level. Unlike in Crime Fighters, you don't face them all at once.
- Captain Ersatz: The playable characters are clearly based off of popular celebrities. Blood is like Mike Tyson, Hawk is based off of Hulk Hogan, Boomer resembles Jean Claude Van Damme, and Sledge is Mr.T.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer:
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: When Faust is extremely low on health, he'll pull out a machine gun and fire it in a sweeping motion. The machine gun will practically kill you unless you get to where he is and hit him first.
- Distressed Damsel: Kate.
- Dominatrix: The female enemies.
- Do Not Drop Your Weapon: Just like in Crime Fighters, enemies only drop their weapons upon death. You'll only lose a weapon after several uses.
- Dual Boss: The Rude Bros., the stage 3 bosses.
- During the Boss Rush, you face two bosses at once.
- Elevator Action Sequence
- Extremity Extremist: Blood is a boxer, though he subverted this in some way.note
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere: Joe Oshugi, the mid-boss of stage 2. You're never told in the game that you'll fight this guy.
- Knife Nut: One of the enemy types and one of the Rude Bros.
- Macho Camp: The gay sailors and dogs in heat return, and once again, they're only in the Japanese version.
- Only One Name: All of the Cobra Members and Faust, the final boss.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Your death scream your characters make. They certainly sound wimpy.
- Sunglasses at Night: Blood, Joe Oshugi and Faust.
- Whip It Good: The female enemies. Also one of the weapons.
- Wild Hair: Faust.
- You Get Knocked Down, You Get Back Up Again: Averted, knocked down enemies can be attacked. The same can apply to you, though.
- Averted even more by you being able to kick the enemies while knocked down on your back. No help for your when lying on your belly, though.
- Some of the enemies (Buzzsaw Bravado, the shotgun mook etc.) can also attack you while prone or when getting up.