Video Game: Vampire Saga
Pandora's Box starts with a phone call to the protagonist Tyler Ward from his grandpa Matthew. Matthew starts freaking out claiming that either killed someone or is losing the plot. Tyler heads straight over, to find the house a battlefield and the stairs broken. In the living room, Grandpa has had a heart attack.After Tyler finds an aspirin, Grandpa tells him about what happened in Puerto Rico, 1898. He was stuck there with no money or papers so he stowed away on the Pandora. One day on the ship, the crew are completely gone and he is surrounded by coffins. And that's were it gets confusing...The sequel, Welcome To Hell Lock, which appeared on the Internet with betas and screenshots a few months after the first game's release note , stars the protagonist David Palmer with amnesia. There are some ghosts and a ninja made of smoke sneaking around, and a goblin shaped demon, not to mention a zombified sheriff. All we know is that Pandora is (probably) back, and has chosen David over Tyler from Pandora's Box, that Hall Lock is (probably) a vampire town and that David was (probably) bitten by Pandora at the end. Actually, forget it. We know nothing about it at all.And after that one came out, we got a beta of a game called Vampire Saga 3: Break Out, which was exactly right once again.See also Stray Souls Dollhouse Story from Big Fish Games (the main producer of horror hidden-object games).
Pandora's Box contains examples of:
- Boy Meets Ghoul
- Cool Ship: The Pandora.
- Disconnected By A Heart Attack
- In-Series Nickname: "Pandora" is really the name of the ship, but it's what Matthew calls the vampiress on board.
- Love Triangle: Sort of. When Matthew dies, Pandora goes after his grandson.
- Playing The Player: Pandora is not related to Elias Patton. The crew jumped ship to avoid her. Matthew Ward is really Pandora's reincarnated love.
- Reincarnation: Matthew again.
- To Be Continued
- Twist Ending: Matthew Ward is the reincarnation of Pandora's love. He dies in the present day and Tyler is chosen to replace him.
- Was Once a Man: Inverted with Matthew.
Welcome To Hell Lock contains examples of:
- All Devouring Black Hole Loan Sharks: David owes money to some of them. But when they actually try to claim it, the goblin gets to them.
- Cliff Hanger: The game is a beta. So nobody knows what the ninja is. Or why ghosts keep appearing to David. Or why David's face is everywhere. Or what that has to do with some loan sharks. Or why the sheriff is a zombie. Or why someone has left notes all over town about elephants and safes. Or what the aforementioned safe is about. Vampire Saga 3: Break Out has been released and doesn't answer much. It only really explains why the sheriff is a zombie and the mine is on fire.
- Fan Nickname: In-universe. The town Hill Lock is referred to as Hell Lock.
- On This Very Wiki, we have "the Ninja" for the black human, "the Loan Sharks" for the people David owes money, and "the Goblin" for the ghost that looks like a goblin.
- Ghost Town: Hill Lock is strangely reminiscent of Centralia, Pennsylvania.
- In-Series Nickname: Go on, guess what everyone calls Hill Lock.
- Macguffin: Averted.
- Non-Linear Sequel: Subverted. At first they seem totally different in tone and content, but Pandora is back. Probably
- Walking Spoiler: David. All the plot twists are about him.
Break Out contains examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: Dr. Crow has sealed away the evil force, but Grace sacrifices herself to accomplish this and the town falls prey to supernatural forces.
- Ghost Town: Hill Lock is pretty much one by the time you get there.
- Prequel: Takes place quite some time before Welcome to Hell Lock. In fact, it's established as taking place in 1950.
- Undead Child: Adam and Grace.