Video Game: The Sagittarian
The Sagittarian is a series of online "Choose Your Own Adventure" zombie games by Newgrounds user Hyptosis. Notably less serious and more light-hearted than most zombie-themed games, the game follows a normal, everyday person (A.K.A. you) that wakes one morning to a zombie infection, and thus leaves home with what little supplies he can gather to try and survive. The first game can be found here. A short spin-off game called Riverside was also recently released.
The Sagittarian Provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Sage's father was not a kind man... it explains a lot about how he turned out.
- Action Bomb: One of the zombie types.
- Action Girl: Anna as well as a few other female survivors.
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: A gang of bikers serve as the main antagonists of the "Man In The Wilderness" branch of the third game.
- Anyone Can Die: In all the different story branches its possible for every companion to be killed. In one story branch the player is the sole survivor after everyone else dies.
- Like the main game one of the endings in Riverside has only the player character survive. Also, two members of your group die in the first half regardless of the choices you made.
- Black Dude Dies First: Phil in Riverside, unless you count the group member who was already a zombie when he showed up.
- Blood Knight: Sage. When the player first meets him every other dialog choice has him kill the player for pissing him off.
- Butt Monkey: Shane. Mostly because everyone sees him as useless.
- Dead Weight: The player and Anna can come across a deformed fat zombie during one of the story branches.
- Dies Wide Open: Phil in Riverside.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Sage has been known to kill people in cold blood just for talking back to or insulting him.
- Drop the Hammer: The player's main weapon is his trusty hammer.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: Gets brought up a few times, mostly by Sage."The world "ended" when the first man became sentient."
- Knife Nut: Snake turns out to be this in Riverside.
- Machete Mayhem: Sage's specialty.
- Pet the Dog: Sage may be a remorseless killing machine, but he'll draw the line at letting a sick little girl die when he can help or leaving a bunch of animals to starve in cages.
- Undead Child: A zombie girl appears in chapter 1 and depending on the player's choices in chapter 2 a baby sleeper zombie will ambush them from the top of a gas station.
- Zombie Apocalypse: Complete with special zombies.
- Zombie Infectee: Sometimes a survivor will be bit and request to be put down before they turn. This also serves as a minor plot point in the first chapter but ultimately ends up subverted with the person in question just being ill.
- Phil gets bitten near the beginning of Riverside and turns shortly after. Depending on the choices the player makes he can also end up killing one of the other group members when it happens.