was a 3D platformer developed by Namco Bandai
for the Wii
. The game combined elements from 2 of Namco's other series, Pacman
. The game takes place on the happy planet of Star Ving
. The game's protagonists are the Munchables, happy, gluttonous creatures that eat from an endless supply of food created by Legendary Orbs. One day, evil Space Pirates arrive and steal the Legendary Orbs. The protagonists, Chomper and Munchy, must retrieve them.
This game provides examples of:
- Achilles' Heel: The Legendary Orb on most of the bosses.
- Aliens Speaking English
- Asteroids Monster: Any enemy that's bigger than you
- Background Boss: Both Great Grapey and Big Choco
- Barrier Change Boss: King Pumpkin
- Big Bad: Don Onion
- Big Boo's Haunt: Ghost Mansion
- Big Eater: The protagonists, Chomper and Munchy.
- Boss Subtitles
- Bubbly Clouds: Blue Blue Sky
- Collision Damage
- Convection Shmonvection: Level Two of Mount Brim
- Convenient Weakness Placement: Mostly Big Fishy, for the giant shells
- Die, Chair! Die!: Some crates contain nothing, while some contain power-ups. Also see Crate Expectations
- Endgame Plus: Defeating King Pumpkin unlocks a new character and Mirror Mode.
- Every Bullet Is a Tracer: Enemy Attacks
- Exposition Break: Later in the game, Don Onion appears and tells the player that he and the Great Elder used to be good friends, raising happy Tabemon monsters. But one night, the Great Elder overheard Don in his evil lab. Don Onion was creating horrid mutated Tabemon monsters in an attempt to rule to universe.
- Excuse Plot: Space Pirates that look exactly like produce steal some Legendary Orbs.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Wait, are the Munchables CRAPPING OUT acorns?
- Green Hill Zone: Star Ving Island
- Cute Bruiser: Munchy
- Hailfire Peaks: Mount Brim
- He Was Right There All Along: All of the bosses
- Human Cannonball
- Incredibly Lame Pun: The name of the planet, Star Ving.
- Jungle Japes: Level One of Pot-Belly Ruins
- Lethal Lava Land: Mount Brim
- Level Ate: World Six, the Dessert Factory
- Mini-Boss: In the second level of each world. Level 2 of World 8 has you fight the Minibosses of the previous seven worlds.
- Mirror World: Every level can be played in reverse after defeating King Pumpkin
- Multi-Stage Battle: King Pumpkin
- Night of the Living Mooks: Most of the enemies in Ghost Mansion
- Olympus Mons: While you don't catch them (you eat them), Tabemon
- Palmtree Panic: Level One of Gulp Sea
- Plot Coupons: Legendary Orbs and Acorns
- Power Up Motif: The same score for every power-up.
- Purely Aesthetic Gender: Averted. Munchy (female) is faster, while Chomper (male) is stronger.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Basically, every character, enemy, or boss IN THE ENTIRE GAME!
- Ruins for Ruins' Sake: Level One of Pot-Belly Ruins
- Shifting Sand Land: Level Two of Pot-Belly Ruins
- Shout-Out: The name of the Ghost Mansion's boss, Mushroom Thriller.
- Sidetrack Bonus: Many Acorns require to go off the beaten path.
- Smashing Survival: If hit, you'll become tiny. You can regrow by rapidly shaking the Wiimote
- Space Zone: Fort Entree, the secret level unlocked after Mount Brim
- Springs Springs Everywhere
- Tennis Boss: Great Grapey and Big Choco
- Time Trial
- Tube Travel: Sort of. Going into holes in the sea floor of Gulp Sea, Level Two, will make you pop out of another hole.
- Under the Sea: Level Two of Gulp Sea
- Vent Physics
- Walk, Don't Swim: Level Two of Gulp Sea