Video Game / The Flowering Nose
The Flowering Nose
is a rather bizarre game made by Seth Fisher (who passed away in early 2006) and Omar Waly. It is a rather bizarre game where you star as a creature with a flowering nose.
Any object that you pick up can be used as a method of teleport, and you kill creatures with flowers.
It's really fun and very thought out. Can be played here
This game provides examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: The protagonist uses flowers he collects as ammunition.
- Broken Bridge: Literally in one level, you must fetch a tree a donut in order for him to make the bridge passable. The various doors in the games also serve this function, as well.
- Empty Room Psych: Are you sure you got everything in a room?
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Practically all the levels in the game. Granted, you access them by placing their respective item on the teleporter spot. It makes more sense in context. Also, the Flowering Nose, the protagonist, is this.
- Everything-Is-Smashable Area : When you have the nuke with you.
- Fetch Quest: The entire meaning of the game. You need to fetch a sprout that was taken. Goes hand in hand with item getting in this case, as well.
- Flash of Pain: Whenever the Flowering Nose or an enemy gets hurt.
- Fire and Brimstone Hell: Whenever you fall off the map, you fall into one, complete with a Satan wearing a blue satin outfit. Well, if you collect a certain item, you can freeze over the fire aspect.
- Gag Nose: They don't call him the Flowering Nose for no reason!
- Insurmountable Waist High Fence: Oh so very many. They are generally used with key doors.
- Interchangeable Antimatter Key: The game only has one key, and it opens every door. Well, except for the special garden door.
- Inventory Management Puzzle: The Flowering Nose has tiny hands, so he can only carry one thing at a time. Proves to be very annoying later on.
- Item Get: This entire game is about getting a sprout. Along the way, theres even more of this trope, as you need a certain item to get to a certain level to get another certain item...it goes on and on.
- Lock and Key Puzzle: There is one key in the game, and it unlocks every locked door. However, the problem is getting the key to the respective door...
- Locked Door: There are a lot of these scattered throughout the game, requiring a key.
- Mind Screw: Everything about this game. Lets see, your a plant man in a world where you travel from place to place by putting random items on the X in front of the benevolent sunflower and stepping on the glowing pad in the centre of the ring of pyramids. You fight slugs, ladybugs, and the devil himself with flowers. There are talking trees, talking rocks and even a talking urn in the game aswell.
- Plant Person: The protagonist himself. When he dies, he even turns to soil that sprouts a flower.
- Plot Coupon That Does Something: The sprout functions as a key to the special garden.
- Point of No Return: This is what happens if you lose track of an important level item. However, if you find the item, this trope no longer applies.
- Satan: When you get to the hell level, you can encounter him, and defeat him as well.
- Save Point: There are several in this game.
- Talking to Plants: Quite literally. In this game, you can talk to trees...and they talk back. One even asks you for a donut, in exchange for a cake.
- Top-Down View