''The Devil Inside'' is an obscure SurvivalHorror ThirdPersonShooter written by Hubert Chardot (who worked on the ''Franchise/AloneInTheDark'' series), developed by Gamesquad, and published by Cryo Interactive back in 2000. You play as Dave, a SuperSoldier-slash-OccultDetective who fights his way through a HauntedHouse infested with [[OurZombiesAreDifferent zombies]]... [-[[DeadlyGame ON LIVE TELEVISION!]]-] That's right, there is actually a cameraman who transmits your exploits live to the studio, an anchorman who keeps commenting on them and cracking morbid jokes, and even a live audience that cheers for you. For extra FanService, Dave can at certain points call upon and transform into his eponymous devil inside, the [[HornyDevils succubus Deva]].
Not to be confused with the found-footage film ''Film/TheDevilInside''.
!!The game provides examples of:
* BrassBalls: Dave carries a virtual arsenal on his body and has the power of transforming into a devil. Your cameraman has... well, a camera. Guess whose balls are bigger.
* DeadlyGame: It's Dave and Deva versus a house full of very real zombies and demons, broadcast live for the audiences at home.
* EscortMission: Subverted: Although you do have to protect your cameraman from the zombies, they will not target him specifically and even if they do, another cameraman will soon replace him.
* FanService: InUniverse, the viewers definitely prefer Deva to Dave.
* GenderBender: Dave's eponymous "devil inside" is a female demon named Deva.
* HauntedHouse: The first stage of the game is set in and around an abandoned house populated by zombies and demons.
* HornyDevils: Deva is damn good-looking, even for the time's graphics.
* HyperspaceArsenal: Dave's. Deva averts it by using magical spells.
* MeaningfulName: Jack T. Ripper, the host.
* OurZombiesAreDifferent: Lots of subtypes of them here, some a lot nastier than others.
* OccultDetective: Dave seems to specialize on this kind of jobs.
* ShowWithinAShow: And you are part of both.
* SurvivalHorror: Though it's much easier to survive with all the guns you find than in most specimen of the genre.
* VideoGameCaringPotential: Seriously, can you ''really'' let your silent companion, the Cameraman, be mauled to death by zombies?
** VideoGameCrueltyPotential: Yes. Repeatedly.