This game is basically an interactive movie in which you control Edgar, who is cleaning the windows of a local hospital along with with his less competent brother, Wally. The plot kicks off when Wally decides to take a nap on one of the hospital beds, where the doctors mistake him for a patient who's scheduled for a brain transplant. You must help Edgar get into the hospital and save his brother, all while vying for the attention of the lovely nurse Sylvia.
To progress through the game, you must control Edgar's behavior throughout each scene. The only clues you will get as to how he should act are the reactions of whoever is on the screen with you. In the arcade version you are given a knob and how Edgar acts depends on how you turn the knob. If you are good enough at deciphering body language, you should be able to finish the game within minutes. And you will need to have at least marginal knowledge in this department, because there's no voice acting in this game.
The Act game was published by Cecropia. Although the game is receiving high praise for it's story, smooth animations, and innovative gameplay, Cecropia has chosen to limit this game to the arcades and the iPhone.
This series provides examples of:
- Did Not Get the Girl: She forgives him and they might now be friends, but nothing indicates that they develop a relationship.
- Fat and Skinny: Edgar and Wally, obviously.
- Foreshadowing: When trying to fit in with the doctors, sliding too far to the left will cause Edgar to attack the leftmost doctor. Later on, it turns out that doctor is a Jerkass to Sylvia.
- Hospital Hottie: In the form Of Sylvia.
- Mean Boss: Edgar's boss will smack him off the platform if he doesn't think Edgar (or Wally) is doing his job.
- No Name Given: Due to the silent movie nature of the game, the only way you can know any character's name is through supplemental material on the website. While most of the characters do have canon names, the Security Guard is nameless despite being the closest thing the plot has to a main antagonist.
- Off Model: On the main menu and the front page of the game's website, Sylvia's hair, which is normally brown, is colored tyrian purple and drawn shorter.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: You don't know what left and right represents in each scene until you experiment and most likely lose a life, though it's usually set up so that whatever you do will literally move you left and right.