The 4th Wall is a first-person surreal horror game by GZ Storm, the makers of Vidiot Game. It is very bizarre game, taking place in a strange and almost empty void where strange things and jump scares can (and will) happen. With a game complete with static mazes, a giant bleeding worm hanging from the "ceiling", and being in a black pit with eyeballs staring at you, you know that you're in for a Mind Screw.It was based off of the fears of YouTube Let's Player azuritereaction, such as taking place in a void, being surreal and making no sense, and the game "breaking the fourth wall" by having things from the game pop onto your screen after you've completed the game.You can find it at GZ Storm's website for only $1 on PC and Xbox LIVE Indie Games; older builds are also available on PC for free.Please do not mistake this one for the similarly-named puzzle-platformer without the similarly screwed-up premise.
Tropes in The 4th Wall includes:
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: At the end, either the static hand (in the old version) or the gray man (in the new version) will show up on your screen after you complete the game.
- Eldritch Abomination: Just what is that giant bleeding worm, anyway?
- Interface Screw: When you try to get inside the fourth wall, the game shows a mock crash report and shuts down.
- Jump Scare: Several.
- Let's Play: azuritereaction has done a couple videos on the game.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The game takes place in a giant void, with nothingness everywhere except for the beginning place with the walls and the worm.
- Oh, Crap!: Looking up after you exit the static maze wall.
- Rain of Blood: The giant worm thing hanging from the ceiling starts dripping blood as you progress in the game.
- Sensory Abuse: The game has unpleasant humming sounds and beeps, and the static maze can grate on you visually.
- Shout-Out: the Gray Man.
- Surreal Horror
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: As memtioned above, the static hand (older versions) or the grey man (the newer versions) will pop out at your screen.
- The Walls Have Eyes: The dark area with all of the eyes staring at you.