10,000,000 is a 2D Dungeon Crawler game created by Eighty Eight Games, an independent developer. It was originally designed for iOS, but has since been released for PC on Steam and is also available on Android.10,000,000 is defined as a hybrid puzzle, RPG and action game, with 16-bit music and graphics. In 10,000,000, you play as an adventurer trapped in a dungeon. You sleep, train and upgrade your items in a room known as the Sanctuary, which is also a gateway to many dungeons of varying difficulty, wherein you kill monsters, bust open chests, collect items and gain experience. It sounds like a pretty typical RPG, but 10,000,000 is unique in its gameplay.Instead of hitting monsters with spells from a click, the player is presented with a Bejewled-like puzzle board, with several tiles to perform several functions. Therefore, matching 3 swords is a very different action than matching 3 keys. When you're not running full sprint through the dungeons, hacking through skeletons and zombie soldiers, you're back in the Sanctuary, using your collected wood, stone, gold and experience to gear and train up for the next run.You ultimate goal in 10,000,000 is to score 10,000,000 and leave the dungeon forever. Can you make it out alive?A sequel, called You Must Build A Boat, was released in 2015.
10,000,000 includes examples of:
- Boss In Mooks Clothing: While there are no formal bosses, each area has a distinct type of enemy that is noticeably stronger than the other monsters there.
- Excuse Plot: You're trapped in a dungeon and need to score 10,000,000 points to escape. There is literally nothing else.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Various food items obtained from chests, backpack tiles, and defeated monsters makes the screen jump a small interval to the right. Since the game ends when you slide off the left side of the screen, this effectively makes it the closest thing to a healing item as a game like this can get.
- Interchangeable Antimatter Keys: The skeleton key item, which somehow opens two locks at a time but still vanishes after doing so.
- Retraux: The sound and graphics are around the 16-bit mark at best.
- Scoring Points: Literally the entire point of the game, especially once you've reached the goal of 10,000,000 and have nothing left to do.
- Standard Status Effects: There are two, both of which have a random chance of being applied to any magic attack:
- Freeze renders enemies temporarily unable to attack.
- Poison slowly drains enemy health.
- You Wake Up in a Room: The player character starts off asleep in the Sanctuary. No explanation is given as to how he got there or why he's there.