The Technic Pack
is a pack of Game Mods
. Okay, so technically
it's a platform for making mod packs but their are several "official" packs that the platform was created to use in the first place:
- Technic: A collection of mods that focus on advanced technology. Contains: MineFactory (automate everything!), BuildCraft (engineering, automation, heavy industry), IndustrialCraft (machines, electrical engineering, advanced technology), Forestry (advanced farming), RedPower (advanced Redstone engineering and programming, art), ComputerCraft (Computers), Equivalent Exchange (Alchemy), ThaumCraft, and more.
- Tekkit Classic: The multiplayer version of Technic.
- Tekkit Lite: The Tekkit Pack, now with less calories! Actually, it has more mods, it just uses less intensive back-end software.
- The Big Dig: A pack focussing mainly on world generation, adding loads of extra ores, and even other worlds to explore. Contains: MineFactory, BuildCraft, Forestry, Equivalent Exchange, Mekanism (various extra tools and devices), Dungeon Pack (various naturally generating dungeons), Dimensional Doors (doors to other dimensions, duh), MystCraft (travel to other worlds), various ore-related mods, and more.
- Voltz: An in-depth system of electrical engineering. Also, ballistic missiles.
- YogCraft: A custom mod pack made by and for the Yogscast, designed to combine Tekkit and Voltz, with some other stuff thrown in for good measure.
- Hexxit: A More adventure based mode. Various mods are installed such as Twilight Forest, and Battle Towers to start.
The Technic Pack contains examples of:
- Alchemy Is Magic: Equivalent Exchange.
- Awesome, but Impractical:
- Combustion Engines might seem cool, but they have this unfortunate tendency to explode.
- The Mining Laser makes a great weapon...if you can hit anything with it.
- You Love Nuclear Power...until you come home one day to find an impressive crater where your power plant used to be.
- All the endgame items like Dark Matter or UU Matter are awesome, but extremely difficult to actually make.
- Gem Armour is probably the worst offender, since not only does it require a lot of Dark and Red Matter to make, but it also requires fully charged Klein Star Omega for each piece.
- Came from the Sky: Comet Kitties, complete with oxygen tanks and helmets.
- Colony Drop: The Falling Meteor mod. Meteors in Hexxit can be real threat as it may destroy the player's base if out in the open unless one gets Meteor Chips from Already fallen meteors and from meteorite clusters underground to create the Meteor Shield. However they yield valuable resources. One can even summon meteors if they use a specific crafting formula, the summoned ones will bypass the shield though.
- Dynamic Entry: Battle Tower Golems may begin the Boss Fight with them by smashing through the ceiling from the floor above instead of waiting for the player to initiate the fight.
- Equivalent Exchange: As its name suggests, Equivalent Exchange uses this concept. Specifically, it assigns each item in the game a value, and you can transmute anything into anything with the equivalent value.
- Everything's Worse With Bees: Averted with the Bees in Forestry: Although some types can be dangerous, most of them are actually useful.
- Fantastic Nuke: Voltz. Where to begin? Bombs that create antigravity fields, bombs that scatter blocks around rather than destroying them, bombs that put fire everywhere, bombs that put ice everywhere, bombs that put poison everywhere, bombs that create portals to the End, bombs that create Black Holes, bombs that repair rather than destroy...and actual nukes.
- High Altitude Battle: Battle Tower Golems are fight high up in the sky on top of Battle Towers.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Nuclear reactors are easily the best power sources in both Technic and Voltz. And the most dangerous.
- Infinity +1 Armour: The QuantumSuit in IndustrialCraft, the Gem Armour in Equivalent Exchange.
- Infinity -1 Armour: The NanoSuit in IndustrialCraft, the Red Matter Armour in EE. (Dark Matter Armour is Infinity -2 Armour)
- Making a Splash: The Evertide Amulet.
- Playing with Fire: The Magmite Amulet gives you this ability.
- Thunderbolt Iron: Frezarite and Kreknorite from Meteors from the Falling Meteors mod can make exceptional armor, one can also find Frezarite or even Kreknorite armor as drops from Infernal Mobs or in Battle Towers.