Video Game: Suikoden: The Woven Web of A Century
A new spin-off to the Suikoden series, launched on the PSP.
Suikoden: The Woven Web of A Century provides examples of:
- Alternate Timeline: Due to the history-altering actions of the MC, there are a lot of them in The Woven Web of A Century. So the MC doesn't actually fix anything.
- Can't Take Anything With You: Explicitly stated by Zefon in The Woven Web of A Century. Applies both direction, and applies to people and things. Doesn't apply to learned Skills and knowledge. Otherwise the MC would simply drag his Badass grandfather to fight monsters in the present.
- Cosmic Horror Story: Century: The real world is already destroyed by Terasfarma, the world everyone knows is a small reserve inside a magical barrier. The Terasfarma will eat absolutely anything until nothing but they remains, at which point they will eat each others forever orgiastically. Also, The Empire itself is the magical barrier, so the choice is between tolerating an Evil Empire or getting eaten by a Horde of Alien Locusts. Yeah.
- Oracular Urchin: Zefon, from The Woven Web of A Century. He knows much more than he let on, and is a Jerk Ass by being so.
- Time Travel: The premise of Gensou Suikoden: The Woven Web of A Century.
- For Want of a Nail: It's probably not a good idea to move the location of the Time Tree as it lead to the death of everyone in the MC's village by monster attack, since that tree is the barrier against the monsters.