Tropes present in Steamshovel Harry.
- Autotune: Used a lot in the main theme of the game.
- Crapsack World: Let's see, a giant Spider King has taken over, there's an unchecked plague, "boiling seas and blood-red sky." Suddenly, inevitably being wiped out doesn't sound so bad.
- Deconstruction Game: To forced tutorials.
- Department of Redundancy Department:It's got oceans for swimming!
Not acid for dying!
There's a moon
And some grass
Lots of water too
And more grass
- Everything Is Trying to Kill You: Including physics and the tutorial itself. It succeeds.
- Forced Tutorial: Deconstructed.
- Annoying Video Game Helper: Also deconstructed.
- Giant Spider: They are present in this game. They're on the good side/friendly, unlike most cases.
- Intercourse with You: Part of the tutorial theme is taken up by the singer singing about how he can't wait to make love to physics.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: The planetary anthem goes:We'll find a cure for that Plague
We have to admit that was our mistake
- Also, the tiresomely long tutorial takes up those 15 minutes that Steamshovel Harry was supposed to use to save Earth.
- Poison Is Corrosive: The Spider King's jaws can dissolve anything.
- Running Gag: Characters saying they have to explain things as quickly as possible, only to end up wasting even more of your time.
- Stupidity Is the Only Option: You can't even attempt to go Screw This, I'm Outta Here! and fly off.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: The lyrics describing Earth seem to have a lot of this.
- Timed Mission: You have ten minutes. The tutorial has barely let you walk a single step before you are out of time.
- Unwinnable by Design: The entire game.
- Unwinnable Joke Game: The entire point here.
- Wreaking Havok: According to the tutorials, throwing items affects your jump height. Also, the theme song repeatedly warns you that "Physics are gonna kill you Harry!" To be fair, it doesn't.