Star Castle is a Vector Game from The Golden Age of Video Games. Released in 1980 by Cinematronics, and bearing a passing resemblance to Asteroids, the aim of Star Castle is to destroy a large, stationary space cannon using your small, agile fighter craft.Making this difficult is three things:
- The cannon can track you at all times, and although not as quick as you, it has a very fast and powerful shot.
- The cannon has three 'sparks' defending it - tiny homing drones which are difficult to shoot down, and which are quickly replaced when destroyed.
- The cannon is surrounded by three layers of regenerating forcefield rings.
- Attack Its Weak Point: the weak point is the cannon itself, which can be taken out with a single shot.
- BFG: The cannon is one.
- Deflector Shields
- Endless Game: The game has no ending, but gets more and more difficult until you lose all your lives.
- Glass Cannon: The enemy cannon can be destroyed by a single shot, but fires devastatingly powerful blasts if it gets the opportunity.
- Vector Game
- Video Game Lives: you have three, with an extra one awarded for each enemy cannon you destroy.
- Wrap Around: 4-directional.