Video Game: SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
"Ah! Peaceful, sleepy Bikini Bottom! The creatures of the sea are deep in slumber, their night-brains exploring the mysterious world of dreams..."SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab is a video game published by THQ and developed by Blitz Games based upon the Nickelodeon series Spongebob Squarepants.The game follows the adventures of SpongeBob, Patrick and Plankton as they travel through their dreams.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab provides examples of the following tropes:
- Advancing Wall of Doom: Plankton's first level involves him running away from giant Krabby Patty.
- Adaptational Badass: Spongebob. Compare how you normally see him to... ...this◊.
- All Just a Dream: Of Gary's
- Ambiguous Ending: After his nightmares, Gary wakes up and wanders around town, watching things that are similar to the events of his dream. Then, he returns to Spongebob's pineapple and goes back to sleep. Or at least he tries to, because he witnesses Spongebob get devoured by an Alaskan Bull Worm, and faints. This is never mentioned again.
- Art Shift: Various levels are depicted in differing art styles. For example, Patrick's first chapter is presented in a Cel-shaded comic book style, Plankton's second chapter is presented like an old monster film, and Spongebob's first chapter is presented in an odd grotesque, surrealist style.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: In his second chapter, Plankton grows to more than 50 ft tall and rampages through Bikini Bottom while chasing a Krabby Patty.
- Big Bad:The giant Krabby Patty, at least as of the last chapter.
- Darker and Edgier: It is cited as the darkest game ever made of SpongeBob. Also added quite a bit of Nightmare Fuel, more than in any other SpongeBob game.
- Disc One Final Boss: Plankton is presented as the Big Bad in chapters 7 and 8.
- Dream Land: The whole game takes place in the dreams shared by SpongeBob, Patrick, Plankton, and Gary.
- Freeze Ray: In his first levels, Plankton wields one to temporary freeze the Krabby Patty that's chasing him.
- Jigsaw Plot: At first all three characters' plots are presented separately, but eventually all three converge into one story.
- Levels Take Flight: Spongebob's third chapter has him driving a plane, as pictured on the box art.
- Rushmore Refacement: A giant Plankton uses his laser vision to place his image on Mount Fishmore. For some odd reason, Mount Fishmore contains the busts of SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Gary.
- Space Zone: Patrick's second chapter.
- Surreal Horror: The last level Hypnotic Highway qualifies for this.
- Unexpected Gameplay Change: Each chapter features a different type of gameplay, whether it be racing, beat-em-up, platformer, or shmup.
- Villain Protagonist: When you play as Plankton.
- Womb Level: One of SpongeBob's levels is the digestive track of an Alaskan Bull Worm.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom WesternAnimation/SpongeBob SquarePants The Sponge Bob Movie Game
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Licensed Game SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom Creator/Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants!