Sonic The Hedgehog Classic
is a Sonic
fangame made by Hez in Multimedia Fusion 2, using the Sonic Worlds engine. The plot is your standard "Sonic and friends fight Dr. Eggman"
deal. The game features a set of 7 zones, Time Attack and Mission modes, plus some extras. Get the game on Sonic Retro.
A sequel is in the works.
Tropes featured include:
- Author Avatar: An orange hedgehog represents Hez.
- Bait-and-Switch Boss: Eggman's Giant Mech has a cameo on Death Egg Zone, in which it explodes, sending Sonic to fight against Giant Silver Sonic.
- Bonus Level: Features special stages for Emerald colleting and bonus levels for extra lives.
- Boss Rush: An unlockable.
- Debug Mode: One that works just like the ones in the Genesis Sonic games.
- Dummied Out: The Sonic 1 level set was cut from the game to be later used as an expansion pack, but is now being saved for the sequel. Mercury Mines appears on the level select but is unplayable. Metal Sonic seems to have been intended as a playable character, but though you can make him appear on-screen, he is broken.
- Flipping the Bird: Hez's Victory Pose. If fits nicely because he's normally a rival in Time Attack mode.
- Humongous Mecha: Giant Silver Sonic, the Final Boss.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: The ending is exactly like the one from Sonic Advance 2.
- Nostalgia Level: Death Egg is the final level, based on the one from Sonic 2. Gigalopolis, Aqua Arena and the Special Stages are based on levels from Sonic Chaos. Bridge Zone from Sonic 1 8-bits is unlockable.
- Puzzle Boss: Dr. Eggman's machine in Desert Dunes is immune to rolling attacks, so you make it suck its own spiked bombs instead.
- Secret Character: Ashura and Blue Knuckles. By editing the save file you can also play as Fang, Shadow and Hez.
- Secret Level: Bridge Zone from the 8-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Super Mode: After collecting all Chaos Emeralds. Hyper mode is also available as an extra.
- The Unfought: Fang The Sniper appears three times during the game to set traps on Sonic, but never fights him.
- Video Game Settings: