Video Game: Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
Snoopy vs. the Red Baron is a 2006 video game developed by Smart Bomb Media and published by Namco Bandai. It was released for the PlayStation 2, PC, and PSP and rated Everyone 10 and up. It is a flight combat game starring the lovable beagle from Peanuts. The story is presented as a play starring Snoopy as a WWI flying ace on a mission to defeat the villainous Red Baron. Along the way, he flies in his trademark Sopwith Camel, unleashing bullets, fireworks, potatoes, and other ammunition on all sorts of enemies planes, boats, and mechs.
This game contains examples of:
- Bee Bee Gun: One of the special weapons allows Snoopy to shoot bees at enemies.
- Big Bad: The Red Baron.
- Edible Ammunition: Among the special weapons are potatoes and pumpkins.
- Heroic Mime: Snoopy never talks, he only laughs or makes other sounds.
- Hub Level: It seems to be the neighborhood where Peanuts takes place.
- Playing with Fire: The Flame Boomerang, one of the special weapons.
- Red Baron: The Trope Namer himself is the Big Bad.
- Show Within a Show: The story is presented as a play being put on by Snoopy and the other Peanuts characters.