Video Game: Snood
A Match Three Game created in 1996 for the Apple Macintosh by David M. Dobson. The original version of the game featured 50 puzzles, in which the goal is to clear the board by matching three or more Snoods in the same color or shape. One could also select a difficulty level to play instead of the puzzle games.The Snoods are Jake, Midoribe, Mildred, Spike, Zod, Geji, Sunny, and Numbskull, a skull-shaped piece which cannot be removed unless other Snoods freefall with it.Since its creation, the game has been ported to the Intel Mac, as well as Windows, Nintendo DS, and Game Boy Advance.The game has several Big Name Fans, including Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: The shooting AI seems to lag, so more often than not, you'll find yourself shooting a Snood whose color you've already cleared from the board.
- Difficulty Levels: There are various difficulty settings along with Puzzle Mode, which features 50 preset puzzles and the options to create more.
- Game Mod: The original version was bundled with Snood Edit, which allows the creation of your own Snood puzzles. You can customize the preset pattern, which Snoods are used, etc.
- Just One More Level / Anti-Poop Socking : Invoked; the original Mac version features a "Just One More Game" feature, which if selected, will quit the program the next time that you lose. However, there's nothing to stop you from launching the program again…
- Luck-Based Mission: Some levels are highly dependent on which pattern of Snoods you get.
- Match Three Game