Video Game: Sissy's Magical Ponycorn Adventure
Simple point-and-click Flash game created by Cassie Creighton, aged 5, at the 2011 Toronto Game Jam
with the help of her father Ryan. Playing as Sissy, a young girl obsessed with ponycorns
, you travel through rainbow portals and outwit hammy villains
to collect all five of the titular creatures in jars. The crayon graphics and goofy dialogue make for a surprisingly charming game.
Can be played here.
This game provides examples of:
- Aerith and Bob: The ponycorns' names. They are called Lady Fuzzwuzzle, Fluffybuns, (inaudible), Poo Pants, and Orange Boy.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: "That's what you get for being evil! And a lemon!"
- A Winner Is You
- Baleful Polymorph: Sissy uses her convenient magical powers to turn the dinosaur into a mouse.
- Edible Ammunition: The coconut found in the tiger's lair can be used to defeat the floating lemon.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: Ponycowns!
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Everything's Better with Rainbows
- Gotta Catch 'Em All
- Heel Face Door Slam: "The lemon is still evil."
- Heel-Face Turn: The ending sequence reveals that the tiger winds up turning good.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: The ponycorns, of course.
- Moon Logic Puzzle: 5-year-old-little-girl logic in this case. The puzzle solutions are very... random, although it's short enough that just clicking everything works well enough.
- Poke the Poodle: The lemon threatens to spit in Sissy's eye.
- Precision F-Strike: Obviously less intense variant: Sissy friggin' LOVES ponycorns!
- Schmuck Bait: Sissy is able to steal a ponycorn from the tiger by asking him to close his eyes for a few seconds.
- Secret Test of Character: Orange Boy, the final ponycorn, disguised himself as a human to test Sissy's kindness.
- The Unintelligible: Orange Boy.