- Detonation Moon: An explosion on the moon powerful enough to create an Asteroid Thicket around the Earth. With bits of lunar infrastructure in it.
- Disproportionate Retribution: They should've talked.
- Mohs Scale of Science Fiction Hardness: Very very hard.
- Pop-Star Composer: Finnish Alternative Rock group Poets of the Fall's Markus "Captain" Kaarlonen did the soundtrack.
- Quick Melee: A pickaxe will be swung when the melee weapon is pressed. Early versions of the game had a retractable bayonet in the gun.
- Tech Demo Game
- Zero-G Spot: Not really, but one map has a strip club with the same name as the trope.
This video game averts the following tropes:
- Space Is Noisy: The player's space suit will generate relevant to assist in situational awareness. Should you go to low power mode or get hit by an EMP, all you can hear is your heart beating and the bass from your gun firing.
- 2-D Space: You can attack from above and below, however the lack of a single horizontal plane means that 'above' and 'below' are extremely subjective. Ender's Game fans will tell you that the enemy's gate is down.
- We Will All Fly in the Future: Out of necessity, with everything in zero gravity.