Video Game: Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights
Scooby-Doo! Night of 100 Frights is a 2002 video game based on the popular cartoon character of the same name. In the game, Mystery Inc. travels to Mystic Manor to solve the mystery of the disappearance of Professor Alexander Graham, the uncle of Daphne's friend Holly. An eccentric villain known as the Mastermind is behind Professor Graham's disappearance, and has also somehow resurrected many of Scooby's old foes.
This game provides examples of the following tropes:
- Big Bad: The Mastermind.
- Big Bad Friend: Holly, the actual mastermind of the operation, who used her know-how of Mystery Inc.'s previous cases to orchestrate everything.
- Continuity Porn: Every mook and boss in the game is from one of the TV shows (mostly Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!)
- Floating in a Bubble: The soap invention allows Scooby to blow bubbles to trap enemies.
- Genius Ditz: Despite being an accomplished inventor, Professor Graham shows shades of this. An example is when he is falsely revealed as the Mastermind and asks, "it was me?"
- Holiday Mode
- Hologram: Holly Graham is revealed to be the Mastermind, using a hologram of herself so that both she and the Mastermind could be at the same place at the same time. The gang's old foes are also revealed to be holograms. This is foreshadowed by Holly's name being a pun on the word, "hologram."
- Invention Pretension: The items that Professor Graham "invents" include galoshes, springs, and a football helmet.
- Invincible Minor Minion: The ghosts are invulnerable to all of Scooby's attacks and can only be stalled by the bubblegum or soap.
- Laugh Track: The game has one in reference to how the older shows did.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: Though it's big enough to be considered an Elaborate Underground Base.
- Over-the-Shoulder Carry: Daphne is kidnapped in this way.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Scooby uses a lampshade and bunny slippers as a disguise. It manages to fool the regular Mooks, though the Black Knight armor is needed to fool the Elite Mooks.
- Rise to the Challenge: The final area of the caverns, which lead straight into the cemetery.
- Sticky Situation: The bubblegum lets Scooby stop enemies in their tracks for a few moments.
- Villain Team-Up: Every enemy and boss in the game is a foe that the gang has encountered in the past.