Video Game: Rumble Pack
Rumble Pack (Not to be confused with the Nintendo 64 add on.) is a Freeware indie Fighting Game made by Studio Egg using M.U.G.E.N. The main aspect of the game is the Radix system, which allows players to select one of three different fighting styles for each character. The game has a cast of strange characters including a girl who fights with her hair, an anthropomorphic chicken who controls fire and wields dual knives, a vampire queen and more.
Tropes present in Rumble Pack:
- Absolute Cleavage: Nadia's dress.
- Batter Up: Roy uses a branch as a makeshift baseball bat.
- Bloody Murder: Charlotte's Blood Orb, Blood Strike, Blood Slash and Blood Storm attacks.
- Cute Monster Girl: Pearl may have bright pink skin, pointy ears and two toes on her feet, but she is otherwise attractive.
- Difficult but Awesome: Binary style requires more skill to use, but mastering it allows players to do massive combos and use cinematic Overdrive attacks.
- Funny Animal: Oliver and Badcat are antropomorphic cats, MC Supercut and Captain Jack are antropomorphic roosters.
- Gainaxing: Charlotte, Nadia and Tsukiko have this.
- Gratuitous German: MC Supercut's attacks have german names, and he calls his attacks.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Parodied by Oliver. One of his quotes when he attacks is "Something... in Japanese"
- Humanoid Abomination: Zppr is a shadowy creature whose body is usually covered by a completely zipped up hoodie and can sprout spike covered appendages.
- Instant Runes: Appear during Natalia's Overdrive attack.
- Lag Cancel: Binary style allows you to cancel any attack into another one. Mastering this is essential to being good with this style.
- Limit Break: In addition to ordinary Super Moves, Binary style allows players to perform Overdrive attacks, complete with a cartoon cutscene.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Ghosteo ressembles an octopus, and Word of God states that he often gets mistaken for one.
- Petal Power: Sofie's specials mostly involve flowers.
- Playing with Fire: MC Supercut has a variety of fire based moves.
- Prehensile Hair: Tsukiko uses her hair to do some attacks.
- Pun: Sofie's Wrecka Whip is a play on Rekka, a fighting game term for an attack that can be done three times in a row.
- Shock and Awe: Nadia fights with electric attacks and magnetic bracelets.
- Stripperiffic: Pearl's "clothing" (If it can be called that) consists of magenta strips that barely cover her naughty bits.
- Suspiciously Similar Song: The Elbe Dresden Night stage's background music is based off the theme from Twelve Monkeys.
- Theme Song Power Up: MC Supercut's Brennen Ultimatum causes the japanese Dragon Ball Z theme to play.
- Totally Radical: Or the more modern equivalent, swag, which is used on the combo counter.
- Whip It Good: Sofie and Taeko have a whip. Tsukiko's hair could also count.