And now Roll takes the lead!Rockmen R: Dr. Wily's Counterattack
(ロックメン R: Dr.ワイリーの逆襲) is a Japanese doujin game
for Windows PC done in 16-bit graphics and released by Capricorn on February of 2009. It is a fan-game based on Mega Man
in Japan) that stars Rock's sister, Roll, and features a unique cast of Robot Masters as well as a new Robot Master named Piano.
The developers unfortunately met with a cease-and-desist by Capcom, thus making it virtually impossible to buy the game anywhere.
Rockmen R features examples of:
- Action Girl: Roll.
- Arm Cannon: Roll now has one just like her brother, Rock!
- Ascended Extra: Roll as the main character.
- Big Fancy Castle: Waltz Man's stage.
- Beam Spam: Laser Man performs this often enough.
- Bottomless Pit: A number of them through out the game, including Rapid Man stage, Weasel Man's stage, and Wily's Castle Stage 3.
- Creepy Doll: Puppet Man and his Roll-dolls, not to mention his teddy bear bombs.
- Eternal Engine: Energy Man's level qualifies for this.
- Expy: Piano is this to Roll just as Forte is to Rock.
- Fan Sequel: To Rockman 8 originally.
- Hard Levels, Easy Bosses: Puppet Man's stage is a little more difficult then he actually is to beat. Rapid Man has the same problem, his stage is challenging but his actual fight is fairly simple.
- Kill Him Already: Shockingly averted at the end, as Roll decides to do this to Dr. Wily. Until he reminds her of the First Law. However, it just turns out to be a robotic copy of him.
- Mirror Boss: Rock Man.
- Musical Assassin: Waltz Man along with his sonic-based Death Waltz.
- Nintendo Hard: Its a difficult game if your ill-prepared for it.
- Playing with Fire: Flare Man takes the cake on this one.
- Recurring Boss: Piano, natch.
- Recycled Set: Dr. Wily's castle design is entirely identical to the one in Mega Man 5.
- Shifting Sand Land: Averted to a point with Rapid Man's level, its more like Cliff-Oasis-Gully type area. Justified as his level takes place in Australia's outback.
- Space Level: Laser Man's level looks like this.
- Spikes of Doom: Shockingly very few and far in between but still there.