PRIOR is a Flash game by krangGames, originally made in 48 hours for the Ludum Dare Compo #19. The finished version was sponsored by Armor Games. Play it here!
PRIOR provides examples of:
- Amnesiac Dissonance: Somewhat. As the player, you suppose your character is a good guy. But then you get to know he slaughtered his own family. To be fair, though, he was under the effect of the experimental Chemical @73.
- Downer Ending: All three endings are quite sad.
- Forever War: The reason why the protagonist's nation is having a war against the Light Folk is not revealed. There might be a good reason, but we never get to know it.
- Hopeless War: The game doesn't reveal much about the background war, but - as the player - you get the impression it's hopeless. Just see the Downer Endings - they really don't induce much hope.
- Identity Amnesia / Quest for Identity: The protagonist has no idea who and where he is. He needs to find notes.
- Loss of Identity: The protagonist, Subject &#! has gone through this due to the effect of Chemical @73.
- Lucky Charms Title: Subject &#!, Dr. +/G, Chemical @73, City XY*213, Lot #Q (?)... Should I continue?
- Multiple Endings: There are three.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: There is a screen ("Pitfall") which has a note, which you go down and read, and you know you failed to double-jump at the right moment. The note also tells you to press R to restart this screen.
- Upgrade Artifact: Lot #Q (?) and the Z-7 device.