Video Game: Pray For Death
"The game looks pretty good. The rendered backgrounds are sharp and use light sourcing and shading.(...) Add in some dull music and long, boring combos, and it equals a competent but uninspired game."
—Yahoo Games UK & Ireland
One of the many fighting games that tried to copy Mortal Kombat
. Although the influence of Killer Instinct
is undeniable.Pray For Death
is a DOS Game Fighting Game
which tried to imitate Killer Instinct
but didn't achieve much. While the graphics were great (for it's time), the gameplay was uninspired, the sound horrible and the fatalities lame.
While it's not an important fact, it's worth mentioning this game include Chtuhulu as a character.
This series has examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Painbringer. A "malfunction" turned him from a military training automaton into a genocidal robot supremacist.
- All Myths Are True: Odin is mentioned in Wolfrich's bio, Anubi has his cult, and Cthulhu is here as well.
- Animated Armor: Sir Maelstrom.
- Axe Crazy: Pantera and Maelstrom. The later once slaughtered his entire own army, thinking he would no longer need them.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Sir Maelstrom has two blades on each of his gauntlets.
- Bruce Lee Clone: Perhaps the most uninspired one yet: Jan Fun.
- The only difference to the original in his backstory is that Jan Fun opened a dojo instead of becomming an actor.
- Combo Breaker
- Dance Battler: Pantera, who kills dancing to the sound of techno.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Well, considering the man himself is fighter...
- Fallen Angel: Uriel didn't want to help build Hell. Therefore, she was sentenced out of Heaven.
- Finishing Move: They exist, but they are laughable. Nobody really dies, and some of them make no sense whatsoever.
- High-Pressure Blood: All characters bleed a lot during the finishing moves - even when they are barely hit or not hit at all. Even Death himself bleeds!
- Alien Blood: Cthulhu's is green, Anubi's purple.
- Averted only for Maelstrom and Painbringer, as their metal bodies give of sparks when hit. Pantera acctually comments on this before battle.
- Man Versus Machine: Painbringer's main goal is to kill Jan Fun and prove the superiority of machines over men.
- Succubus: Murgan's backstory calls him that, but it's clearly a case of the author failing mythology.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Malestrom's main goal is to find the Necronomicon.