Video Game: Ponymon Dawn and Dusk
Ponymon Dawn And Dusk is an attempt to cross over My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic with the Pokémon video games, particularly Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen. Currently, it is on Alpha version 0.32, with progress limited to the first two gym badges.Not to be confused with Pokémon Dawn and Dusk, a more traditional Pokémon romhack.
Tropes present in Ponymon Dawn and Dusk include:
- Broken Bridge: The current romhack ends on Route 5. Walk Through Walls cheats can bypass that, but since not all the sprites are programmed in, you'll start mixing Ponymon with Pokemon.
- Crossover: Aside from the obvious, at this point, if you do the bypass mentioned in Broken Bridge you'll mix ponies and Pokemon.
- Cuteness Proximity: It's My Little Pony! And you can catch them!
- Even better: your starter is one of the Mane 6 as a filly. Which one depends on which you choose and which version you play.
- Development Hell: The games are on its third editor, and are searching for new spriters.
- Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors: Sort of. The 'types' are based on, in order, the Elements of Harmony, three descriptors based on the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and three elements based on Celestia, Luna, and Discord.
- Olympus Mons: Bound to be some due to the nature of Pokemon games, but some Ponymon might not be programmed in. Walk through Walls to get to certain sites reveal that names have been put in, but not sprites. And this is subject to change as more programming is done. According to future plans, the Wonderbolts are supposed to be where the legendary birds are, but that hasn't been inplemented yet.
- X Meets Y: Pokemon meets My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.