Psycho-Political Drama Phylomortis
, usually just called Phylomortis
(for obvious reasons), is a trilogy of games created by RPG Advocate with the RPG Maker
tools. It's famous (some might say infamous) for its Nintendo Hard
gameplay and use of Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness
. It's also famous for stretching the limits of the game engine to make some truly unique game mechanics for RPG Maker games.
These games provide examples of:
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard: The AI is much, much better and faster at taking advantage of the game mechanics than any human player, to the point where there were accusations that the enemies weren't bound by the mechanic's rules at all.
- Doing It for the Art: The creator of the games repeatedly said that his games were an artistic statement first, a game second. This is also the reason given for the impenetrable dialog when critics asked for more immerse or realistic dialog.
- Nintendo Hard: In Avante Guarde, you can even be killed in the tutorial battle.
- No Fair Cheating: Avante Guarde, the third game in the trilogy, would scramble the data on all your save files and boot you out of the game if you tried to cheat by editing any of the game's data files through the editor. RPG Advocate has a very dim view of cheating.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Every single character, down to the pre-pubescent girl on the street, will sound like they memorized a thesaurus.