is a freeware survivor horror RPG game made in Wolf RPG Editor, by Uri
, who also made The Crooked Man
and Mermaid Swamp
you play as Miki Takamura, who has moved into the house that belonged to her aunt. However, every night she gets attacked by a strange monster, and while all this is going on her mother grows more distant from her and even her neighbor from across the street starts doubting her sanity...
There is an English translation here
Paranoiac provides examples of:
- Escape Sequence: Every night, the monster attacks and Miki must hide somewhere away from it.
- Fake Difficulty: The fact that only one hiding spot works every night, and which one it is changes.
- Jump Scare
- Last Second Ending Choice: A choice near the end decides whether you get the good ending or the bad ending.
- Mommy Issues: Miki has a rather strained relationship with her mother. First off, they both suffer from mental illness, which affects them negatively. Second, when Miki reports anything about the house, her mother thinks she's crazy and dismisses her claims. Finally, when Miki receives a call from her mother and tells her that she's being chased by a monster, she laughs at her and tells her not to call her again.
- Multiple Endings: There are two.
- The bad ending: Miki decides she must be delusional. When confronted by the monster one last time, she stands there insisting it isn't real instead of running like she has been. She is found dead the next morning.
- The good ending: Miki insists the monster's real. When confronted by the monster one last time, she runs like usual and ends up in the toy room with nowhere to run. Then she realizes the monster was her aunt this whole time, and recalls some fond memories before asking her aunt's forgiveness. Her aunt apparently hugs her, which causes Miki to pass out, but Miki is fine the next morning and is able to face life with renewed vigor.
- Nightmare Face
- The Reveal: It turns out that the monster chasing Miki throughout the game is Miki's dead aunt wanting to reconcile with her niece. This happens if the player chooses to believe that the monster is real.
- Ship Tease: One might think that Shinji and Miki have feelings for each other.
- Through the Eyes of Madness: Not only is Miki at least a little insane, it runs in the family, meaning for all we know the monster might really be a hallucination after all.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Every night, there are several hiding places to be found but only one of them is viable. Of the ones that aren't, two of them lead to you dying and the ones that don't still lead you to getting found, which means you must keep running again.