Video Game / Offspring Fling!
is a Puzzle Platformer
for PC, Mac and Linux created by indie developer Kyle Pulver
, released on 30th March, 2012. You play as a mother forest creature whose children have gone missing, and you must go through over 100 levels to get them all back. The main game mechanic is to pick up and throw your offspring to solve puzzles, eventually getting all of them (and yourself) into the door at the end of each level. The Mother's Day 2012 update added a Level Editor
, integrated online leaderboards and a "Sharing is Caring"
website to hold both of these.
Offspring Fling! contains examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: The main player character is definitely a female, but what gender are the two other forest creatures?
- Bee Afraid: A staple enemy starting at about level 51.
- Cartoon Creature: The species of Momma and her babies is only ever given as 'forest creature'.
- Disappeared Dad: The father of Momma's many babies is never seen.... until you unlock the special world, where you play as him. He reunites with the mother in the ending sequence.
- Guide Dang It!:
- The Parry ability, which is given no hint of except for in the name of one Steam achievement, along with the fact that the ninja character gives you the ability to jump after parrying. Both these skills are required for the last set of levels.
- Developer replays don't show up unless your best time is close enough, causing this as you try to figure out the correct strategy.
- Level Editor: Since the Mother's Day update.
- Nintendo Hard: The last twenty levels require extreme skill and precision to beat, let alone earn their dev times.