Video Game: Off World Interceptor
You'll blow chunks.
Third-person vehicular combat game, originally for the Three DO Interactive Multiplayer
, later re-released for the Sega Saturn
with the Totally Radical
name change to Off-World Interceptor Extreme. The main draw - at least nowadays - are the supremely Narmtacular Full Motion Video cutscenes
, which are curiously MSTed in the game itself.
The cutscenes can be seen here
This game contains examples of the following tropes:
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Colonel Fancy (yes, really) considers your recklessness to be an asset, as his own men don't take as many risks.
- Chewing the Scenery: The guy playing Fancy must've been picking the scenery out of his teeth for weeks...
- Cool, but Impractical: You know, instead of that giant viewfinder... periscope... thing, they could've just put the information on one of the many monitors!
- Defrosting Ice Queen: You and Helga.
- Dramatic Pause: Colonel Fancy... well, he... he has so many of these ...
- Fake Nationality: We're not quite sure where Helga's supposed to be from, but odds are the actress who plays her isn't actually from there.
- It's Up to You: ... even though they could quite easily order a full squadron to take care of this at pretty much any time.
- Justified Extra Lives: They're clones.
- Professional Killer: Your character, and pretty much the whole basis of this game's Excuse Plot.
- Red Shirt: See all those other "trash men" with you at the start of the game? Take a guess as to what happens to them.
- Reformulated Game: The "Extreme" port has different level design and subtle tweaks to the basic gameplay.
- What Could Have Been: The game was originally titled "Orion Off-Road" and was meant to be more of a straight racer.