Video Game: Nyx Quest
Nyx Quest is an indie platformer by Over The Top Games. It tells the story of Nyx, an angel-like being Icarus met on one of apparently many trips up into the sky on wings of wax; the famous "too close to the sun" incident was the first indication that a cataclysm on Earth was brought to the attention of any divine being, god or otherwise. Concerned for her friend, Nyx descends to Earth and finds it scorched and barren, barely able to sustain life. She sets off across the lands in search of Icarus, whatever state he may be in.
Nyx Quest provides examples of the following tropes:
- Ancient Grome: The place names are Greek but it seems more like Groman ruins in African desertland.
- Collection Sidequest: Scattered throughout the levels are an assortment of golden whatnots from Greek mythology, like the Belt of Hippolyta or the Golden Apple. Collect them all for secret fun!
- Double Jump: Sextuple jump, actually. Except Nyx doesn't really jump; she flaps her wings to propel herself upward.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: You don't really have to work for new powers; the game will just hand them to you (with a short cutscene explaining they're a gift from the gods, who have your back) once you've reached a point that can't be passed without them.
- Stealth-Based Mission: The Fields of Argos has a giant eyenote that periodically opens in the far background and kills you unless there's a piece of nearer background scenery between you and it.
- Winged Humanoid: Nyx; her wings are central to the gameplay.