Videogame: Mystical Power Plant
Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant (東方導命樹 ～ Mystical Power Plant, lit. "Eastern Life-Guiding Tree")"Mystical Power Plant" is a Touhou fangame whose script was written by Ido and Yuuyu Hatsuke. The demo of the game was released at Comiket 83. It was released in full on March 15, 2013. This game is the sequel to The Last Comer with some references to it.The Moriya Shrine's head, Kanako, has brought in a huge tree from the outside world to the Moriya mountain range, with help from a god from the outside world, to serve as a symbol of Gensokyo's newly-founded age of ecology, dubbing said tree "The Life-Guiding Tree". However, during the opening celebration, a strange light suddenly appears in the top boughs of the tree, radiating an unusual power all around it. The Hakurei Shrine miko Reimu, along with Marisa and Sanae of the Moriya Shrine, rush off to investigate the source of this new incident, bringing with them Utsuho, Byakuren, and Kanako respectively to help out finding the culprit behind this new incident.
This game contains examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: During Riko Toone's non-spell attacks, she fires off glowstick danmaku. They even bend and sparkle for a brief moment!
- Didn't Think This Through: Great Tengu Tenmu Suitokuin attempts to use this new incident as a smear campaign against the Moriya Shrine due to the fact that they've been behind several of the past incidents from Subterranean Animism onwards, (including a mistaken thought that they were also directly behind the events of TLC since Sanae got partially involved), using this incident to further discredit their trustworthiness. Unfortunately, she didn't realize that actively participating in the current incident would lead to Reimu and the others pinning the blame on her instead.
- Fallen Angel: Saraka Sant'Angelo is on the verge of becomming this. She's a little too eager to do her job to harvest souls, collecting still-living ones in the process and resulting in her power of the sun turning to that of power of the moon. Michel Sant'Angelo from TLC even appears in the Extra stage as a midboss tasked with retrieving her before this happens.
- Gender Flip: As expected of a Touhou game.
- God Needs Prayer Badly: Although this is not a problem for Mitama Magahara, aka. Tenzin, god of scholars, Sanae brings this up in regards to her plan to bring An Yaezaki, the sentient manifestation of Tenzin's own plum tree, the very Life-Guiding Tree brought into Gensokyo, back to the outside world because people don't believe in her as much, and that she might revert back into a regular tree. Mitama just gives her a Shut Up, Kirk! and says she's going through with it anyways.
- Hijacked by Jesus: Saraka Sant'Angelo is a reaper who uses a scythe like a certain Sanzu Shinigami "which tacitly and effectively conveys the fact that religion essentially involves different countries copying from each other."
- Meganekko: Both Aragami no Kusuko and Mitama Magahara fit this trope.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: Both Tenmu Suitokuin and Mitama Magahara were orginally humans that became vengful spirits after death. They were feared so much that to appease the two of them, the people pardoned and wrote off their supposed crimes in life, and annointed them as dieties, turning them into a great tengu and god, respectively.
- The Unfought : Both Tenmu and Mitama are part of a trio known as the Three Vengeful Spirits of Japan, three humans who after death terrorized the human populace as revenge for various crimes against them, and were afterwards diefied in order to appease their wrath. During Reimu's ending, both of them make passing mention of the third spirit, Taira no Masakado, who makes an appearance in the underworld, but not as a boss.
- Unexpected Character: Needless to say, many players were shocked to find out that the boss of the extra stage, Riko Toone, would be a Vocaloid.