A standard Mega Man
clone, released by Vic Tokai
...Okay, there's a little more than that: basically, it's 1999 and the Earth is being invaded by aliens, the Akudama Empire. Earth's weapons have no chance against its army of robots, so a mercenary, Kagemaru, is sent to get a staff, and summons the witch, Doropie, to save the world!
The American version was called The Krion Conquest
, perhaps to give the game a less girly title (it had been advertised as Francesca's Wand
); it also removed most of the story, which was restored in a Fan Translation
- Alternate Company Equivalent
- Boss Intertitles: "ALERT!! Big Enemy!! ... Message for you from your friends"
- Boss Room: Note the conspicuous "A" symbol.
- Boss Warning Siren: Boss Only Levels are herald with a screen saying "ALERT!!" in big letters on a black screen flashing red. The player then appears in the level while the boss makes its entrance. When the boss's entrance is finished, a "Data File" on the boss appears, listing its name, health, strengh, speed, damage and special ability. However, in the final stage, none of the final three bosses have any alert screens or data profiles, although the siren is still heard while the final boss is materialising.
- Covers Always Lie: Look at the American version's cover...
- Crosshair Aware: The Final Boss has a weakpoint that changes places occasionally. A crosshair points out where her weakpoint currently is.
- Cute Witch: Doropie (Francesca in the American version).
- Drill Tank: The Mini-Boss at the end of Round 2-2 is one of these.
- Dummied Out: According to this blog, there are unused sprites for Kagemaru and another unnamed character as if they could be playable characters.
- Evil Laugh: Empress Elsyia does this frequently in her cutscenes.
- Flying Broomstick: Functions as a moving platform, like Mega Man's Item-2.
- The Phoenix: Doropie can transform into a Firebird.
- Red Alert: The game introduces Boss Battles with a red flashing screen saying "ALERT!!"
- A Winner Is You: The American version reduced the ending to "You win!! Congratulations!"