(Seirei Densetsu Lickle
, "Holy Bell Legend Lickle") is a Platform Game
for the Nintendo Entertainment System
, published in 1992 by Taito
. It was the only game from the obscure developer Takeru (also responsible for Cocoron
) to be released outside Japan, albeit in very limited quantities.
When Ta-Keed, the Prince of Darkness breaks loose and wreaks havoc on the countryside, Emperor Hans summons the owners of the Majestic Bells of Power: a boy, a dragon, a golem and a mouse. These four heroes, Little Samson, Kikira, Gamm and K.O., assemble to fight Ta-Keed and his minions.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Chain Reaction Destruction: Bosses carry explosives around too in case they get killed.
- Charged Attack: Kikira's fire breath can be supercharged by holding down a button. The charging up is indicated by her body changing color.
- Do Not Touch the Funnel Cloud: There are little funnel clouds that move from left to right or right to left and push characters around on contact.
- Easy-Mode Mockery: Easy mode cuts out the final level.
- Emergency Energy Tank: There are potions that provide full energy refills. Only the specific character that picked a potion up can use it.
- Fake Platform: A 1-Up is deviously placed on a fake platform above spikes at the start of the cave stage.
- Fragile Speedster: K.O. the mouse is fast and able to climb even better than Little Samson but has the smallest health bar, dieing in one or two hits without upgrades.
- Fighting Your Friend: Just as the party all comes together, Kikira turns on Little Samson and starts the first Boss Battle because, the manual says, she "may need some coaxing by Samson to obey."
- Frictionless Ice: The game has ice that every character but Kikira will slip a little on.
- Heart Container: Crystal balls add two units to any character's life bar.
- Hearts Are Health: Big hearts restore four units of health, and small hearts only restore one unit.
- Improbable Weapon User: The title character shoots bells at enemies.
- Mighty Glacier:Gamm the Rock Lord is the slowest and least maneuverable of the four characters, but has a lot of health and attack power and can walk on spikes without getting hurt.